Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Later Megane - Hello New car. Tips please.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Yes I know, As I said we got around 13K for it, which still is a fair drop in price. I understand that, that was just fluke I think that we got that price from Ryan's, but as I said, We have contacts there. Most other garages were giving us about 10.5K for it, Nearly died when we heard that. That was a loss of around €6000 and is alot of money. But we did ok with 13K, Im sure he will have a hard time trying to sell it off, as he did with his last one, and ours is a 3Dr, he said nobody wants them.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    Well she bought the Megane for €16k in 2005 and got €13k for it in 2006. €3k depreciation a year is about right on a car like the Megane. I know she only had it 5 months but unfortunately depreciation is based from year to year whether or not you get a year's use out of it or not.

Fair point except that if they would have paid cash for the Leon, they would have saved another couple of thousand. So the real depreciation is at least €5k for 5 months owning the Megane

Yep well, We/She/Me Learned a lesson anyway, Never buy 3Dr, Megane over 3 years old or well, Renault Full stop. Although I will still miss the megane in a way, But ah well.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote:
    Fair point except that if they would have paid cash for the Leon, they would have saved another couple of thousand. So the real depreciation is at least €5k for 5 months owning the Megane

True but also the new car will loose another €3k just by driving it out of the showroom.

Better off not thinking of it this way and just enjoy the car.

Yep, well touch wood, if she goes ok it will be kept for a couple of years.

Hj

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

i just got dejavu reading your story,my boyfriend's mam had an 03 megane 2dr coupe(not hatchback to that the one who doesn't know the difference) 1.6 sport and hated it,so did his mam and i wasn't too pushed on it when i drove it either.it didn't feel like a real car at all,felt more like a space ship,all the electrics,hardly any engine noise,bad visibility etc.she sold it at the end of last year and bought a brand new Seat Leon,my first car was an ibiza and it was a brililiant car.anyway she absolutely loves it and above all they hold they're value very well and are made to last.

i don't agree with staying away from renault though,my sister drives a laguna and it's a great car and my boyfriend's mam had a clio before the megane and loved it,that's why she bought the megane.

oh and another thing that we have in common is that my uncle worked in ryan's garage for years.what a small world ;)

Heh, Sounds all to similar, Is your unlce a dealer in ryan's ?

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

doesn't work there any more,used to fit the tyres. ryan's aren't that bad when it comes to deals,he's bought alot of his cars out of there

Yeah, They are nice people there, I was talking to the former owner of the garage today, He's a nice man so he is.

Anyway, Picked up the New car today, VERY impressed. Its one beautiful car and my mother LOVES it, Easiest car to drive that she has driven in a while and the engine is far pokier then the Megane's.

Anyway, Glad she loves it, Smells nice and new and very solid build.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ryan's is tiny though, everybody all over the place

• Advertisement

So what, They had a fair selection of cars, They are nice people... Not your Normal Car dealer sharks.. It is a very genuine, Nicely run garage. Been there for years, It does well for its self.. In the 1-2 Hours I was there.. I lost count of the amount of cars that were being driven out of that place. They gave us a great deal and we were pleased. What more can you want :| It was pretty nice though, At the end.. The former owner of the garage ( Tim Ryan ) who my mother knows to see... He is well in his late 60's, who is often walking around the garage in his spare time, Came up to us and said " Thank you for coming here and for your buisness " - And had a good chat with us, But he doesn't know us all that well but made an effort to speak to us. Now, come on.. You don't get much garage sale's man saying that. So far I would highly recommend Ryan's Garage - Blanchardstown. Lovely People there to deal with. Don't get put off by the old, Scabby looks of the garage.

Hj

Advertisement