Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date of JC Music Practical?

• 02-01-2006 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

When is it, or is it announced yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

i'm not to sure mines in March sometime i think! what are you doing for yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

No I'm in 4th year. Did mine last year, double bass and guitar. Just need to know for a different reason. They mark it way easier than grade exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I dunno when the date is. It's usually done with beofre easter afaik..

Has eveyone decided what pieces they're doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Have about 12 recorder peices to choose from and got two songs picked, must learn to actually play recorder and make sure accompanying guitar player knows two songs- hang on, is it allowed to do a duet with guitar and voice, or does it just count as all my score or all hers?

what's the question?

• Advertisement

I'm doin 2 piano an 2 singin! i'm ragin cause my teacher is makin me play pieces that are my standard,i'm on grade 6 piano, an i wanted to play lik grade 3!

Is the mark on the duet mentioned in post above, well, does it go on both our results, or just mine/just hers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Im playing about 12 pieces

4 with my band for guitarist/bassist/drummers grades

4 accompaniments on guitar

4 singing for me(thats what im getting my grades on,my singing,but im playing guitar for the songs aswell,and me mates playin guitar aswell and hes gettin graded on his)

For my songs im doing Golden touch-Razorlight,Blur-End of a Century,Alkaline Trio-Time to Waste,and either Arctic Monkeys-I bet you look good on the dancefloor or Snow Patrol-Run...YOU DECIDE!!:rolleyes:

Arctic Monkeys might be like a little dated/passé by the time it comes around...

I did two solo dbass and two group guitar (Cure's Boys Don't Cry, Nirvana's Man Who Sold The World). Keep it simple and they'll love you for it.

I'm singing The Cranberrries Zombie ( so far, it could be "Accidentally in Love"), and "Closest thing to Crazy, Katie Melua. The songs are already wrecking my head, especially as i wanted to do an Oasis one, but it won't go right on the other girls guitar...

• Advertisement

How many other schools make you do recorder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yeah, mine does too. Eww. Good thing I dropped music.
    Though I may be taking it up for LC... but that's another story.

Mine makes you learn recorder but thank feckin' god I'm doing it outside school so don't have the torture of learning the recorder! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My nieces have done

#1 - piano
    #2 - violin -> drums (extra ear plugs acquired for christmas)
    #3 - recorder -> piano
    #4 - xylophone
    Imagine all 4 in one room on different instruments and tunes.

#5 - "Goal!" (turning into a tomboy)

nephew #1 - vocals only, he's only 2 months old :D

i had to learn recorder it was so borin!my teacher picked the songs for our group the one she has so far is song for ireland and its so old and crap i wanted to sing hero but one of the girls in the group couldn't keep the tune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Odd. Can't you just do it on your own?

Also, for the love of god, please use at least one full stop. Your post reads like you've never taken a breath in your life. =(

sorry! i suppose i could have but i didn't want to leave the group because then there would only be 2 girls in it.Also i don't like singing on my own i get so nervous i start to shake.

i had to learn recorder it was so borin!my teacher picked the songs for our group the one she has so far is song for ireland and its so old and crap i wanted to sing hero but one of the girls in the group couldn't keep the tune

Is that Luke Kelly's 'Song for Ireland'? I really like that song.

i think its Mary Black well thats the version of it we're singing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

My school has to learn recorder so did our primary school coincidently

• Advertisement

Uck. Recorder. Sounds really bad. When I play it that is.

Advertisement