Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dont go to DID or Dixons!

• 02-01-2006 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Went into Dixons to get a 360.They had them yesss! i asked for the premium the fella at the counter said they had one left.i was like hell yeah! He came down with a core system.I was like eh ok ill take that in stead.It was 300.He then said i would have to buy 2 Games and an extra controller. It added up to 500euro.! i was like feck off

Ok ok then went into DID near Smyths. I was going to get a core for 300 and im like yay thats cool.the fella said i had to buy two games with it.i was like ok and asked how much the games were. He said 90 euro! Fecker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

whats with "having to" buy games??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

They make you buy games or else they wont sell you the console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

is that even legal or anything? seems really bad.. like gamestop forcing the bundles on ppl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Told you you should buy a DS ;p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Personally, I ADORE dixons. I owe my life to them..

I found my hard-drive there..:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

why would you buy it without games anyway?

€90 for two games is good, its €65-€75 for one normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I've got a funny feeling he meant 90 each!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

liamskater wrote:
    Went into Dixons to get a 360.They had them yesss! i asked for the premium the fella at the counter said they had one left.i was like hell yeah! He came down with a core system.I was like eh ok ill take that in stead.It was 300.He then said i would have to buy 2 Games and an extra controller. It added up to 500euro.! i was like feck off

Ok ok then went into DID near Smyths. I was going to get a core for 300 and im like yay thats cool.the fella said i had to buy two games with it.i was like ok and asked how much the games were. He said 90 euro! Fecker

Smyths try to foce bundles, i wasnt having it though, you should have told em to feck off, AND sell me the console on its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

snappieT wrote:
    I've got a funny feeling he meant 90 each!

yeah 180 for two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Personally, I ADORE dixons. I owe my life to them..

I found my hard-drive there..:D

Off topic(ish), saw HDDs in Xtravision in Swords yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

kerbdog wrote:
    Off topic(ish), saw HDDs in Xtravision in Swords yesterday.
    Now that's just plain wrong. How many do you think will be returned because plebs can't install/missing wires/electrocute selves/can't format?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Jammer wrote:
    why would you buy it without games anyway?

€90 for two games is good, its €65-€75 for one normally.

so that you can fek off to another store and pick up the games cheaper there or already have your games at home bought from the internet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

BTW, if anyone has a core system and is looking for a HDD, Xtra-Game in the Square has about 6 of them in stock and they're 99 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 1800callturk

anyone know abouts hdds in blanch:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

danbhala wrote:
    is that even legal or anything? seems really bad.. like gamestop forcing the bundles on ppl
    Unfortunately it's not illegal - any retailer can refuse custom from an individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

€90 for a game. Holy .... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

i got two games in Smyths last week for €120, so thats BS

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

snappieT wrote:
    Now that's just plain wrong. How many do you think will be returned because plebs can't install/missing wires/electrocute selves/can't format?

the hard drives just slot in, and are plug and play - more so then most PC stuff

Advertisement