Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Lessons

Options
  • 02-01-2006 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hi all, my girlfriend is looking for driving lessons at the moment, somewhere in around clontarf. Can anyone recommend somewhere(or someone)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Temple school of motoring were very good to me. 01 2086717. I live in Raheny. (And mods, I'm not advertising., just passing on some advice...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Cantab. wrote:
    Temple school of motoring were very good to me. 01 2086717. I live in Raheny. (And mods, I'm not advertising., just passing on some advice...)
    Ditto. I know the guy who runs it and he's exceptionally nice. I'll be getting my lessons off them in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭selephonic

Actually just a thought, does anyone know somewhere with female instructors, in case she'd feel safer that way. Temple seem to be all guys, although I'm sure they're all stand-up chaps. I dare say there's somewhere with women instructors.

(I know this might be opening the door for some hilarious jibes about women drivers)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I do mine with the RAC and the guy i have is excellent - they have female instructors too...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

Whatever you go makesure you get a DIR qualified driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I assume all the ISM guys are DIR qualified?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I also found Temple excellent.
    Regarding ISM, one of the things i don't like about them is that
    if they pick you from your house they take that driving time out of your lesson.

E.g. With Temple, if you arrange a lesson for an hour starting at 2pm where they are collecting you, then they arrive at your house at 2pm and drop you back at 3pm.

With ISM, they leave the ISM premises at 2pm and arrive back there at 3pm. Which means that if it takes them 10 minutes to drive to your house you only get a 40 minute lesson for the price of a 1 hour lesson.

Advertisement