Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Traps

Options
  • 02-01-2006 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭

Heard on the news 399 people killed on Irish roads this year, to tackle this they propose to bring in private companies to operate speed traps.I drive for a living myself and just wondered-

Would you say this will reduce the number of road deaths or will it be another money making racket?Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Ginger83 wrote:
    Heard on the news 399 people killed on Irish roads this year, to tackle this they propose to bring in private companies to operate speed traps.I drive for a living myself and just wondered-

Would you say this will reduce the number of road deaths or will it be another money making racket?Any thoughts?

What has this to do with gardening?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

No because as normal the irish government just looks to the population to milk, noting all the recent info on what the money is spent on (cough Jet). They need to impose jail time and much higher fines, 50quid and a few pen points doesnt stop people. 500quid+ and a potential for jail time does. That said the police here dont seem to do a lot to be honest, can only think of 1 time I have seen them doing anything related to dangerous driving most of the time it is accidents and low speed crashes with no injuries.

Also I cant see the relationship between this and gardening or DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

again, posted in the wrong section, but I don't believe it will reduce the number of deaths significantly.

Most road deaths are at weekends, between the hrs of 12-3am, on back roads, and probably in a high percentage, alcahol related or young inexperienced drivers related.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

sorry guys, my mistake, not too used to these boards

Advertisement