Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Wireless Option

• 02-01-2006 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

I'm currently living in an apartment building in Drogheda. They have "Broadband" in the building, but I think we're sharing something like a 2MB line amongst all the individual apartments, so the service ranges from ok to poor. The local network also causes plenty of issues and I can't do an awful lot without getting the admin to open up ports for me etc. I can't get broadband via the phone line, so it's either stick with a below par service, or go wireless.

I know issues like line of sight come into play, but is anyone in the area using a wireless service? I'm desperate to be able to play on-line on PC/XBOX, without many lag or firewall issues.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Well if Clearw****e is available in your area..DON'T GET IT...IT SUCKS

Advertisement