Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Doom reborn

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

giant spiderbrain + chaingun rocket launcher = big messy splatterd humans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Pugsley wrote:
    Nah its full the full 32 levels, was playing it yesturday, on level 24 or so now, already met about 30 odd cyber deamons and 8 or so masterminds, madness I say, madness, one level had 5 cyber deamons on it, love the level where you start in a large X shaped corridor, you start in the middle, theres a wall of Deamons (bout 40 odd pinky's in each), and the other 2 have imps (about 50 odd in each), and you just sitting in the middle getting splattered from all sides.

As for JDoom, yea I use it, its great, allows mouse movement, and you can get a 3D model pack so all the meanies are all in 3D, and the maps are sparkled up to full 3D aswell, also allows mouse look and high resolutions. However some mods seem to prefere ZDoom, such as omgwpns.wad, which is a nutty weapon mod for Doom2, has about 30 weapons, and 6 odd new meanies, the weapons are meanies are all just reskinned old ones, but the funcitonality is there, and it plays pretty well, even if the rocket launcher aracnoids are a bit nuts, they kill in 2 hits and have the same rate of fire of the standard Aracnid's plasma gun.

Tsk! :) Your right! It's been too long. I must get my double barrelled shotgun out and polish it up a bit. :D Checking my logs I downloaded this on the 23/03/2003 and I actually finished through but can't remember any of it! T'was a busy time :D Anyways a good excuse to install doom2.wad/jdoom/doomsdayv1.86 again.

I noticed I saved a few .mhts of the best packs with it for reviews....
    http://games.moria.org.uk/doom/du/reviews/hr.html
    And all of them at http://games.moria.org.uk/doom/du/

I do remember one crazy level stuffed with imp coming out of walls practically.. must get that High Def. Pack.
    Oops ... sorry for leading off this thread. Wouldn't it be cool if Doom3 incorporated these...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Thats hell revealed the origional, I have only played Hell Revealed2. However, from the reiews they gave it the first seems even more monster crammed, and a genuinely superior WAD. Ill have to get my mitts on that after finishing up HR2, thanks for the link, good list of WAD's there to keep me fragging for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

I meant to ask if you had tried Memento Mori? It's according to the reviewer one of the best basic Doom packs ever made. I definitely remember playing this one first and enjoying it... but again I can't remember the levels again - nearly 3 years since. Level names are familar though. Nice to play and then read the review of the level (level by level).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

hamster wrote:
    I meant to ask if you had tried Memento Mori? It's according to the reviewer one of the best basic Doom packs ever made. I definitely remember playing this one first and enjoying it... but again I can't remember the levels again - nearly 3 years since. Level names are familar though. Nice to play and then read the review of the level (level by level).
    Getting Memento Mori and its sequel, Requim, which won 'best doom WAD ever made', with MM coming in second. SHould be worth playing, Ill probably end up playing every megaWAD rated 5 outta 5 though given time :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement