Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting a driving license

Options
  • 02-01-2006 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

OK, I applied for my 1st provisional Licence in 1997 and for my 2nd provisional license in 1999. When I got my 2nd provisional I applied for my test, and on the day of the test I never showed up at the test centre (I forgot I was taking it and went to work instead). My 2nd provisional expired in 2001.

I threw away the letter from the test centre about not doing the test.

What I'd like to know is, do I apply for a third provisional, or do I go back to a 1st or does it matter what one I go for?

Thanks,

quon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

quon wrote:
    OK, I applied for my 1st provisional Licence in 1997 and for my 2nd provisional license in 1999. When I got my 2nd provisional I applied for my test, and on the day of the test I never showed up at the test centre (I forgot I was taking it and went to work instead). My 2nd provisional expired in 2001.

I threw away the letter from the test centre about not doing the test.

What I'd like to know is, do I apply for a third provisional, or do I go back to a 1st or does it matter what one I go for?

Thanks,

quon.

You will have to get a third. Your application for a test should be on record but you will probably have to make a fresh application to get the licence.

Advertisement