Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 load time problem

Options
  • 02-01-2006 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

My pc started to run slow about a week ago. CD's took ages to burn and what not. So I formated my pc everything is running great again, But BF2 is taking so long to load especially when it get to the loading complete verifying bit. I never had a problem like this before. I have all the video setting on low or off. The game itself runs fine when its loaded and all.
    Anybody got any ideas were I should start to find the problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Defrag your drive. Essential, especially after a reformat and reinstall of everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I did that and it did help a bit but its still nothing like it was I use to be one of the first on the server. The verify bit takes about 5 minutes now. Thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Agent47

ive always had the problem with the verifying data bit, always takes twice as long as it took to load up the server!

My comp is running 3.2 GHz Pentium 4 processor with HT..... with a gig or ram so its not like its under strain or anything!

Advertisement