Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cable or satellite in Louth??

Options
  • 02-01-2006 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi all, I'm living in Collon for 2 years. Still haven't managed to get the tv cable in as I dont want anymore direct debits. I've been hearing about the 'free to air' set box and 'satellite free to air'. Anyone know if these work in Collon or is the signal too weak? Really would prefer a one-off payment than pay every month of every year... Cheers!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The only "Cable" that I ever heard of in Louth is Chorus' MMDS service which works through an aerial. You can easily get that from Mt. Oriel but you don't want that so...

It depends on what part you live in. The higher you are, the better your chances by and large. Try this website for info about freeview: http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~icdg/ and especially try the Terrestrial ICDG Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Conor S

If you are living in the village then you wont get a Freeview signal thanks to Mt.Oriel being in the way.However if u live north of the village a signal is very likely.
    The only other options you have are Chorus (from Mt.Oriel) or Sky on Satellite.
    You could of course get a FTA satellite box which would mean BBC/ITV (all regions) and a load of other channels all for free.
    Call into Kavanaghs Electrical in Ardee and he will sort you out with one.Or into Declan Currans in Ardee for a freeview box,alternatively (and possibly cheaper) go to currys in newry and get a freeview box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 silverY

Thanks for the info guys! Conor, I am in the village (the old rectory). would the FTA satellite box work in that area? I was thinking of getting in a BBC satellite but don't know if its good or not? Cheers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Conor S

Yea FTA satellite is your best option

To get all the BBC and ITV regions free just get one off Declan Curran or Dermot Kavanagh

Advertisement