Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Guide For MCE

• 02-01-2006 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Anyone know how to get the TV guide working for Media Centre Edition 2005? It says it is not supported for Ireland at the moment but i think that maybe I can tell it that it is in the UK to use the UK guide. I'm running my NTL digital set top box through the PC. Advent DHE1000

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I bought an MCE PC a few weeks ago, and got the program guide working just fine. I have NTL analogue in the Dublin area. Once I had run the wizard that tunes in all the channels, and downloaded the program guide information (and *then* assigned a program guide name to the channel, I've been recording away goodo for the last week or so.

I need to convert a buttload of dvr-ms files to MPEG 4, as I'll be running out of hard disk space pretty soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭richardson2525

when you say NTL analogue do you mean just running a NTL digital connection through an analogue tuner (like me) or do you mean just regular old NTL cable going straight into your machine? i.e. are you using a Set Top Box?

I'm in Dublin too but when the wizard asked me for my postcode and i put in dublin 18 it told me that there was currently no support in my country?

Thanks for the reply. I just got the new machine on Saturday and so far am really impressed with it. I'm using it in the sitting room with a Philips 32" LCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

install MCE rollup 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

No set top box here - just regular old analogue, split into my TV and the PC.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

as the man said rollup 2 is what you need

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot guys. Installed rollup 2 and got a guide. Spent about an hour renumbering all the relevant channels and its working lovely now. Just have to try and improve picture quality a little bit and i should be sailing! (that might just be a case of waiting for HDTV though)

By the way has anyone else experienced the 1.5 second time lag between changing the channel with the MCE remote and the actual changing of the channel on the STB? I presume this is just a phenomenon that i'll have to get used to, just a bit annoying if you want to flick through channels quickly. but if you select what you want from the MCE guide it's pretty good. Pausing live TV is great too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

hey all, im just after buying a new dell laptop with MCE but i didnt get a tv tuner with it.
    does anyone know any compatable usb tv tuners for MCE or can i connect my laptop to my tv without needing a tv tuner on my laptop?
    im new to all this.

thanks,
    colm

It depends on what you want to use the laptop for. You should be able to connect your laptop to the TV no bother using either a s-video cable or if you have a LCD or Plasma a VGA connection and you can use MCE to play DVD's, music etc through your TV. However if you want to run your TV through MCE you will need a TV Tuner card. These are available off the shelf in places like PC world and I'm pretty sure you can get USB versions. Hauppauge seem to be the main brand for this sort of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

thanks richardson2525.

Advertisement