Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tara Tonight

• 02-01-2006 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Just decided on a whim to visit Tara at today. However , after getting lost for 2 hours and touring Meath's Country roads at 100kph to find out we were back in Fingal we eventually found Tara and a couple doing the horizontal tango in a car. Classy.
    We headed up via the Banquetting Hall dodging poo and demonic sheep (through the torchlight their eyes were green and stared at us all at once).We reached the mound of the hostages in artic conditions and deafening wind. All we could see was the light from our torches and honestly the mound of the hostages seemed warm and inviting. We made our way to Lia Fail which I have christened "Fallic Alec" and unfortunatly it did not roar no matter how much i touched it, rubbed it and eventally kicked it :D .
    After I had lost feeling in my ears we made our way back to the church which was terrifying in the dark and then back down to the car. Then home (via getting lost in navan)

Here are some Pics of the trip . Sorry about the state of me and the boots. It was cold, windy and I was hungry and tired. The girl in the pics is Nicola a 2nd year UCD Archeaology Student

Mound of the Hostages

The Rightful King of Tara

Me and the Mound of the Hostages

Cold aspiring Archaeologists

Nicola and the Mound again

A very interesting picture of St.Patrick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 queen_kala

ow ow ow, my ears still hurt.

such a great night of being lost and quite scared. i had to buy a torch, and i brought packed sandwiches, to which grimes first laughed at, but was then the first to eat one of them.

awsome night, even the being lost parts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

looks like cold cold fun. :p

you'll have to set up some trips when you get the forum going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

See, ya got lost!! Now when the high-hedyins put that lovely motorway through the landscape ye'll have no problems gettin' there! The light from the Blundlestown change over will also negate the need for torches.

I also believe they are puttin' in a frenchy machine on the Liath Fail for the horizontal joggers...

The Banqueting hall would make a lovely skateboard park if we cover it in concrete!!

looks like cold cold fun. :p

you'll have to set up some trips when you get the forum going.

Good idea... I know 118 archaeological important pubs in the Dublin/Wicklow/Kildare area!!!

No seriously, this is a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I got lost in Meath before with my friends - we spent about an hour driving around all these winding dark little roads trying to find Enfield - was great fun! The photos look cool, I've never been to Tara before so tis interesting to see. Archeology trips are a great idea :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

That saint patrick photograph.......

I swear it moved when I first looked at it.......

Is it possible we could conduct a census here on car ownership? If we have enough drivers and vehicles we could maybe organise a trip to Tara and Four Knocks or some other site in the area.

I don't drive (the judge again!!) but I know that Grimes does; hands up... who drives???

Advertisement