Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hit by Boy Racer Scum!

Options
  • 03-01-2006 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

After a long days work on new years day I had just left work when I hit skooby doo in his **** arse little micra who sped trough a stop sign without looking or slowing down. Left the front of my car in **** & his a write off!

Anyway I have patched up my car a bit as its still driving perfectly normally but I will be badly in need of a car when I leave it in for repair. Don’t think I can hire one on a prov licence & don’t think I can get one from my insurance company, anyone got any ideas because I’m out of them! Thought about getting a banger but just can’t afford it with my insurance and college!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

dceire wrote:
    ...... I had just left work when I hit skooby doo in his **** arse little micra.......

Doesn't this contradict the title of your thread????:o

my sympathys by the way.
    But I wouldnt go branding every "Boy Racer" the same way....
    I'd fall into what people would call a boy racer and have never caused any accidents or endangered anyone but myself and I've done some stupid things in cars too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭gearbox

whatever place is repairing your car make sure they can give you an garage car most can as far as i know but i guess it depends on whos fault it was n how the damage is being repaired, as in throught your insurance company or one of you paying cash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Look on the bright side of it.... his is a write off and his insurance will be through the roof and he wont be able to pay it any more :p

Cheers for putting another one of them off the road.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Doesn't this contradict the title of your thread????:o
    Point taken:D

I no not all so called 'boy racers' fall into the stereotype but look up boy racer in the diconary & you'll find a picture of this little fcuker!

The Gardai want me to make a statement so they can do him for rekless driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Look on the bright side of it.... his is a write off and his insurance will be through the roof and he wont be able to pay it any more :p

Cheers for putting another one of them off the road.. :D

Here Here!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

[/ QUOTE]
    Cheers for putting another one of them off the road.. :D[/QUOTE]

Is this really a sensible or sane to say? This quote illustrates a dangerous mindset. It was lucky someone wasn't killed or badly hurt. Would you like it if someone stuck a negative label on whatever group of people they thought you fit into and congratulated people for taking one of you out?
    And no, I'm not a "Boy Racer", I'm not defending that "culture" either, I'm just saying that's no way to be talking if you really actually want safe roads, how will the roads ever be safe with that sort of silly talk and malevolent attitudes going around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I doubt very much that the OP actually deliberately intended to hit him, regardless of later humourous comments. Get down off that high horse before you hurt yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Is this really a sensible or sane to say? This quote illustrates a dangerous mindset. It was lucky someone wasn't killed or badly hurt. Would you like it if someone stuck a negative label on whatever group of people they thought you fit into and congratulated people for taking one of you out?
    And no, I'm not a "Boy Racer", I'm not defending that "culture" either, I'm just saying that's no way to be talking if you really actually want safe roads, how will the roads ever be safe with that sort of silly talk and malevolent attitudes going around?

No because in the main most of the people that you are complaining at are ones that happen to be unable to be labeled negatively, aka law abiding.

As for the boy racers (my definition is the ones that drive wrecklessly, soup em up to go drag racing and basically risking mine and everyone elses lives) another one off the road is a bonus in my eyes, hopefully he ends up not having a car for a little while.

astec123 wrote:
    No because in the main most of the people that you are complaining at are ones that happen to be unable to be labeled negatively, aka law abiding.

As for the boy racers (my definition is the ones that drive wrecklessly, soup em up to go drag racing and basically risking mine and everyone elses lives) another one off the road is a bonus in my eyes, hopefully he ends up not having a car for a little while.

Was talking hypothetical situation with the "negative label", Secondly if you had actually bothered to check I did not say anything about the OP being at fault. They obviously were not at fault if the "boy racer" went through a red light it was the attitude (humorous intent or not) that says putting people you dont off the road (directly or indirectly) yourself through crashing into them is good or funny that i had a problem with.

And finally to the foolish poster who told me to dismount from my moral horse:
    It seems you do not understand that you cant really say to someone "get off your high horse" in a situation where you obviously think that you're right, meaning that somewhere consciously or subconsciously you feel you have the "moral high ground" so to speak. And besides I am not on on any moral high horse, (you could not judge if i am or not anyway unless you know me personally so do not ever speak to me as if you know me) I simply took a strong dislike to what the poster i quoted said, seeing as I feel very strongly about foolish bravado concerning road accidents because I've known several people who have , for various reasons died due to road accidents and it angers me when i see such flippant talk about crashes. I was involved in a crash myself due to which i nearly lost a leg.
    Try being in a situation like that of attending the funeral of your best friend's 15 year old little sister, killed by a drunk driver, and trying to think of how to console your friend as you both watch as she's buried, gone forever.
    Being dramatic. Yes indeed but this situation happened not so long ago and many like it also happen due to road accidents.

As regards the OP, I am sorry about your car and the accident. I hope you see that i was in no implying any wrong doing on your part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Goodness that horse sure is high.... And on a sidenote no one WAS hurt and it was a joke! when you decend that ladder you may proceed to the bathroom and take a chill pill (you seem highly strung no disrespect like).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

OP - If I were you id rephrase your title and also add that all you are posting is a RANT, nothing more.

What made this a 'boy racer scum' driver, if you dont mind me asking? Was it because he was young? Because he was driving a micra? Because he didnt look?
    Accidents happen, I think you need to calm down a bit and be glad that no one was injured, regardless of whos fault it was. I have been in 2 accidents before where it was not my fault, and 100% the other persons fault. One was a young male driver, in a punto - Does that make him 'boy racer scum'

I think you are generalising here. I was involved in an accident 2 years ago, which resulted in my breaking my lower spine, coming literly mm's to paralysis from the waist down, and it was no ones fault, it was an actual ACCIDENT. The first thing a witness said when they got out of their car (I was lying on the ground) was "Oh is it a young-fella, he must have been speeding). Infact I was almost stationary, I was doing literly 3-4MPH. :rolleyes:

Finally to cap up, cry yourself a river lad. Your car needs to be patched up, go get your car fixed in a garage that can provide a replacment car and get on with your day

Goodness that horse sure is high.... And on a sidenote no one WAS hurt and it was a joke! when you decend that ladder you may proceed to the bathroom and take a chill pill (you seem highly strung no disrespect like).

I am disinclined to aquiesce to your unfounded and unreasonable demands. :mad:

The fact that it was a joke was was the most annoying thing about it. If you had actually bothered to use your brain a little and properly read what i posted, you would, provided you have some powers of logic and reasoning, see that it was the silly and flippant nature of the comment that annoyed me. And yes, I did see that nobody was hurt, that is fortunate but it does not take away from my point that in my opinion, flippant talk and bravado, whatever the motive humour or otherwise is not good to associate with road accidents. Dont be such a smart arse. If you cant be bothered to read what i posted properly, do not start giving out about things i did not say or imply. It was your choice to come and give out, just like it was my choice to give out about talk which i found aggrevating and upsetting given my feelings and past expriences on the subject.
    It seems you are just looking for arguments tag along with after the fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

Don’t think I can hire one on a prov licence
    Hope you'd an accompanying driver with a full licence .... eh???

Wonder if he's on another forum with the rant: "Hit boy PROVISIONAL driver scum!!"??

...was gonna insert smiley but couldn't figure out if it was funny or not...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If his insurance company has accepted all costs, and the garage won't give you a replacement car, then take taxis everywhere and claim for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

dceire wrote:
    Point taken:D

The Gardai want me to make a statement so they can do him for rekless driving!

or they will do for not keeping up the distance and then you will go mad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Boggle wrote:
    ...was gonna insert smiley but couldn't figure out if it was funny or not...:confused:

Me too, sorry to hear about the accident dceire. At least no one was hurt.

But this thread is going nowhere, and people are liable to end up banned so I'm locking it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement