Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny moment on MotD

• 03-01-2006 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Jermaine Pennant won the MOM award for the Birmingham vs Wigan match today. The interviewer told him that he had a bottle of Champagne for him, but that he'd been told that he doesn't drink. The look on Pennant's face was priceless!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i couldnt believe he said it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Cringeworthy as only MOTD knows how.

Tonights show was awful. John Motson kept going on about how many goals Lampard had scored... bam - Lampard scores.

Oh wait a minute heres Crespo coming on, "what will he do with his first touch" says Motto... bam - Crespo scores.

Commentator in the Everton-Charlton game - "Matt Holland scored the winner from outside the box when last these two clubs met"... literally 5 seconds later Holland scores from outside the box.

Not to mention Gary Linekers (attempted) trivia question. An awful attempt at a show tonight, pull it together lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Tonights show was awful. John Motson kept going on about how many goals Lampard had scored... bam - Lampard scores.

Oh wait a minute heres Crespo coming on, "what will he do with his first touch" says Motto... bam - Crespo scores.

Commentator in the Everton-Charlton game - "Matt Holland scored the winner from outside the box when last these two clubs met"... literally 5 seconds later Holland scores from outside the box.

Not to mention Gary Linekers (attempted) trivia question. An awful attempt at a show tonight, pull it together lads!

Agreed , it really seems to be going down the path of no return. Its all TOO FAKE , its not how i want my MOTD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

It was the same the other day, when Hansen said that Gerrard was better than lampard after lineker asked him the question, after that they spent the rest of the program saying how great lampard was, as if it was wrong for him to actually give his opinion other than the typical sitting on the fence they enjoy so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Hold on is Motty blessed with 'predict the future vision'?!!!!!! :O
    ....or was it teh highlights show? ........ :D
    LOL
    Is Motty tryin to look good or something? Poor ...MOTD.. v poor. :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Hold on is Motty blessed with 'predict the future vision'?!!!!!! :O
    ....or was it teh highlights show? ........ :D
    LOL
    Is Motty tryin to look good or something? Poor ...MOTD.. v poor. :|

if your going to post please do so in english.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sarge wrote:
    if your going to post please do so in english.

And if you're going to correct people's English, have a look at your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Actually noticed that myself and couldn't help but feel like they watched the match first then decided to do the commentary afterwards. It was very annoying I must admit.:(

Sad as I used to love MOTD but have noticed the standards slipping lately !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Meh, I've never cared much for Hansen or Lawrenson, as long as I see the highlights it doesn't bother me much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I'm hijacking this thread slightly but did anyone hear Phil Thompson commenting on Liverpool v The Albion over Christmas? WBA are 1 down and Thompson says: "West Brom are bringing on Ellington and Kamara but they've never scored in the Premiership." Er, what, Phil? I know WBA have scored in the Premiership (although I'll get people to check into this for me lest I'm wrong!) and Kamara and Ellington have certainly scored in the Premiership as well. The man should be sacked from that job. I've never known someone so partial to his own team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement