Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best PCI-E for under €200

Options
  • 03-01-2006 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

Hi am building new pc and just wondering whats the best graphics card for under €200 or basically just the best value for money card i am looking at this

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=311656&cks=PRL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭The Filth

Good card good value methinks
    I had a look round my old faithfull sites couldnt come up with any better:)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Worth consideration....

i can see someone else recommending one of these to you soon!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Try eBay, they have good value cards on it, I got my 128MB GeForce FX5200 PCI graphics card from it for €55. Worked and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Max_Damage wrote:
    Try eBay, they have good value cards on it, I got my 128MB GeForce FX5200 PCI graphics card from it for €55. Worked and all.

If you're a gamer or at least interested in a good media experience stick with the xfx 6600gt i have one and they're good value for money but avoid ebay and especially cards like geoforce FX5200. They're fine if you're looking for something for everyday use but you could just as easily buy a graphics card with hypermemory or turbocache support. They're cheap and would probably give you better quality than anything in the nvidia FX series cards. Good luck:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Doc_Savage wrote:
    Worth consideration....

i can see someone else recommending one of these to you soon!:)

Grand card for the price. Have one myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

If you're a gamer or at least interested in a good media experience stick with the xfx 6600gt i have one and they're good value for money but avoid ebay and especially cards like geoforce FX5200. They're fine if you're looking for something for everyday use but you could just as easily buy a graphics card with hypermemory or turbocache support. They're cheap and would probably give you better quality than anything in the nvidia FX series cards. Good luck

True, I wouldn't call myself a hardcore gamer, although Half Life 2 and Far Cry play quite well on it. I do need to upgrade to something better though......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Check out my link at the top and click the 93% you will go to a sit where it compares the too cards and the radeon wins so i think i will stick with it also its got impressive overclocking ability

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

There's an 128MB X800GTO for €160 on Komplett -- is that right? I thought GTO's where all 256mb cards...

Advertisement