Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one into Emo music?

• 03-01-2006 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hey i luv emo stuff like funeral for a friend , from first to last, etc and i cant find ppls apart from my friends that is in ireland that like this kinda stuff and obviously there are ppl out there who do cosh the concerts are always sold out? so ppl who ever u are if u like emo talk to me?????????????:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

get out.

joking. never heard funeral for a friend. is finch emo? they're cool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Depends what u define as emo, I like Jimmy Eat World, HIM, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

emo such a broad gender though. some people think that i listen to a lot of emo music but to be honest i don't even know if they are emo and if they are i couldn't really give a crap.

mainly listen to: weezer, jimmy eat world, saves the day, bright eyes.

then there's the likes of biffy clyro, who i haven't a clue what genre people would put them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Yeah Finch is Emo. Minismile, not many emo concerts sell out except people like MCR and Jimmy Eat World or Weezer nut thats cause theyve gone mega mainstram and alot of people dont even consier them Emo. I like emo but I like alot of other things aswel from metal to punk to classic rock.

You wont find alot of people online admitting they like emo as most emo kids get flamed. For some reason people think theyre all whiney little kids crying about ex-girlfriends. Many people dont realise that there is alot of talented bands out there, like Dashboard Cofesional and The New Amsterdams.

EDIT: Man alot of people where responding at the same time as me, makes you think, maybe its more popular than people think. Ive been at FFAF twice and Taking Back Sunday, thats about all the emo gigs ive been too, saw Jimmy Eat World at oxegen though and had tickets to Blink 182 and Jimmy Eat World in 2001 but it was canceled. The thing I love about emo bands is they arent as arrogant as most other bands. Everytime I was at an emo concert I met the bands, got a kiss from the FFAF support bandsbassist, million dead, check her out here http://www.milliondead.com/photos3.html just look at the first pic from Cesis Fonofest, she is hot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 minismile

i do agree most ppl will not admit in liking emo stuff but personally im not into the "emo scene" i just love the music. and i know alot of emo gigs dont get totally sold out but most of them come close to selling out. i just want to know is their a big emo music following in ireland?

• Advertisement

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    Depends what u define as emo, I like Jimmy Eat World, HIM, etc
    Jimmy eat world is qiute emo but him is more love metal than anything isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Yep HIM is love metal. There is a big following here, the amount of Irish Emo bands is growing, people like the Mascara theory are doing really well. I know a load of people that love emo. I'd say its gonna be round for a while to come.

Starting my band in the summer, dont have time right now to commit to rehearsals so till then Ive put it aside, I have a few people that want to start it with me so look out for Tomorrows Unsung Heros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sorry minismile, but could you not use the text speak? As in don't use u instead of you. It just makes it easier for everyone to read. Thanks.

Sorry i won't again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 HisInfernalEmo

Ya i love emo music.Especially HiM and MCR.Not the greatest fan of Jimmy Eat World or Weezer though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

minismile wrote:
    hey i luv emo stuff like funeral for a friend , from first to last, etc and i cant find ppls apart from my friends that is in ireland that like this kinda stuff and obviously there are ppl out there who do cosh the concerts are always sold out? so ppl who ever u are if u like emo talk to me?????????????:confused:
    Can't stand it - try the personal issues forum. They're all into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Sorry minismile, but could you not use the text speak? As in don't use u instead of you. It just makes it easier for everyone to read. Thanks.
    wut? r u cwazee? wats d pnt n txtn nrml whn itz jst as gud lke dis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Nightwish wrote:
    Aahhahahah, I rememeber that, but where's the video?!?
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6249239731082766857&q=emo+kid

I've never listened to emo, but it's not something I would like to listen to either judging by what the people who do like it look like. They make me want to hurt them and force them to listen to Led Zeppelin.

Which reminds me, what's this post doing in the Rock/Metal thread?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Heh, was meaning to look for the video of that song, nice one.

Can we kindly not turn this into a slag-fest please? Thanks.

BopNiblets wrote:
    Emo music is sometimes defined as alternative metal. ie. to a person that doesnt listen to metal or Emo, Screamo Emo and metal would sound the same. to some people not all but some

Screamo? Care to inform us of what that is exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

What the hell is Emo? I don't get it. Is it just because people got bored of the word goth so they made up a new one or something? Or judging by that video, has it got something to do with covering at least one eye ball with your hair?
    Has it got anything to do with music at all?

• Advertisement

Oeneus wrote:
    Is it just because people got bored of the word goth so they made up a new one or something?

Whoa! There's no corelation between Emo and Goth, so don't even suggest such a thing.

Christ, Peter Murphy would be spinning in his grave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Screamo? Care to inform us of what that is exactly?

Basically, emo fans have divided the overall umbrella we call emo music, into various (if not countless) sub-categories.
    One of which is called Screamo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Chris IS Cool

BopNiblets wrote:
    I've never listened to emo, but it's not something I would like to listen to either judging by what the people who do like it look like. They make me want to hurt them and force them to listen to Led Zeppelin.

I've tried that (well not the hurting bit, the forcing them to listen to Led Zeppelin bit) and it didn't work...
    I've listened to some emo and don't like it myself, I found it bland and boring quite quickly... But many of my friends like it, it's really weird, like all the people like emo know all the other people who like emo... then other people slag off emo too much... it gets talked about far too much really

that video is fab thanks for the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Yeah Finch is Emo.
    Their latest release is really a hardcore album. Nearly every ounce of emo has been drained out of the band, to the extent that they now refuse to play "Letters To You" live. Meh, I like the new, more hardcore Finch. Finch originated from a hardcore band called "Numb" anyway.

People criticize emo for being "trendy", but the real trend is the hating and criticising it.
    But yeah there's loads o' great emo out there. Notably Funeral For A Friend, Taking Back Sunday, Jimmy Eat World and though not strictly 'emo'; The Used, Lostprophets, Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

BopNiblets wrote:
    Aahhahahah, I rememeber that, but where's the video?!?
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6249239731082766857&q=emo+kid

You get the baseball bats and i will get Led Zeppelin II

:D

Only messin, not really into that sort of music but, everyone to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not really a fan of emo, I've tried listening to HIM, Jimmy Eat World and a few others but it just does nothing for me. Too downbeat and whiny... I think I'll be sticking to my upbeat power metal :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Not really a fan of emo, I've tried listening to HIM, Jimmy Eat World and a few others but it just does nothing for me. Too downbeat and whiny... I think I'll be sticking to my upbeat power metal :)
    Hmm, downbeat and whiny? I hope you're not a fan of Daron Malakian's voice then! :v: Like your location might seem to suggest...
    Well, some people find the relatively high pitched voices of emo vocalists "whiny", and others realise that it's just a combination of the vocal inflection and the personal lyrics. It's worth saying that HIM aren't really emo and JEW have very weak vocals IMO. Maybe check out a few more bands before you decide to stick to your power metal, eh?

Advertisement