Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one into Emo music?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

All i can say is EMOOOOOOOOOOOOO , i am disapointed in you all.

Oh crap, I no longer have El_mariachi's respect.

Also, anti-uncle, that's hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

under god you never had my respect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dricko

hang on Weezer arent emo, they are way to good for that title

under god you never had my respect!

Ha, well played.

bill?

• Advertisement

Yup! What're the chances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

What's all this hatred for Emo?
    "Emo" is just another term cooked up by "music" journalists desperate for a word to label and pigeonhole a sound/look/generation.
    What's the differnce between it and "punk" or "goth" or any other term of abuse for music?
    The sad thing is that young (and not so young, sometimes) people fall foul to the need to identify themselves with a group that seem to empathise with their own situation/feelings/whatever. And the industry manipulate and exploit this.
    So if you hate "Emo", hate "Goth", hate "Punk", hate "Hip-hop", hate "R'n'B"... Hate all the labels that have been marketed as a lifestyle choice, an expression of individuality, an idiosyncratic personality. Don't willfully take on the yoke of a label concocted by suits in a boardroom, or a single coffee/cocaine fuelled journalist freziedly attempt to reach a deadline.

I personally am a Gothhippyfolkelectropunk. Or just Morrigan. Thank you.

[/rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 HisInfernalEmo

I'd agree that the two genres are completely different, but I would say that Emo, as a fad, is the new goth.

ya i'd agree.If you look at all the influences that Emo bands say that they have they all say Metal or Goth bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

super prat
    super prat
    super prat

super prat
    super prat
    super prat

??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

super prat
    super prat
    super prat

Please elaborate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I shouldn't have said it. a tad out of line but he did drag up an old post. nearly a month old ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nearly a month old? Pfft, drag up a 2 or 3 year old thread, now that's something to be annoyed about, but christ, leave it.

ya i could have done a bit worse tbh.This isnt that old at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

ya i'd agree.If you look at all the influences that Emo bands say that they have they all say Metal or Goth bands.

Nah I don't think you got me there.
    I mean that nowadays, when a kid wants attention, they will no longer wear black lipstick with a trench-coat....they will now wear tight jeans and grow an unusual fringe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

super prat
    super prat
    super prat
    We all know it is your duplicate account where you let out the love of emo, Moju.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nirina

yup yup! i like the aul emo music, not ezactly sure what you peeps classify as emo music tho. I've been told that The Used and MCR are emo, so i guess then i listen to emo.

oh my god... what have u done to the irish flag...? you bastard.. thats a sin... that treason... send his ass to jail.. **** wait you get shot for treason... shoot him.

Advertisement