Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

has he lost interest??

• 03-01-2006 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

ok i might be jumping the gun here but...
    i meet an amazing guy about a month ago,we wnt out a few times, ive honestly never felt soo comfortable with someone before, and he said he felt like that too ( before i said it!)
    we wnt out for dinner last fir nite(30th) the evening was left well but i havent heard from him since? i know its onlt been a couple of days and i dont wanna sound like some weird bunny boiler but it doesnt feel right? i txted him new yrs day wishing him a happy new yr an all that but nothing, and this evening i txted asking how he was keeping and was everything ok and i received a txt sayin " no, just shattered."
    am i reading to much into this? it just if he has lost interest isint just good manners to let the other person know?
    any thoughts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

well, perhaps there's something going on in his life right now. his "no just shattered" comment sounds like something's wrong. just let him breathe for a few days and text again or call or something if you don't hear from him and just express your concern.

remember the holidays are stressful for some people; just be a good friend and take it a day at a time.

good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Please leave him alone! If he's interested in you, he will contact you. You have done your part. I had a crazy girl who I went out with once who wouldn't take the friendly hint that I wasn't interested and kept on txting me even after I stopped replying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

no one but the guy can answer that question. you have sent him a few texts at this stage, and, to be frank, i wouldn't send him any more. to coin a phrase: "the ball is in his court". it may not be very satisfying for yourself, but just leave it a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

well, perhaps there's something going on in his life right now. his "no just shattered" comment sounds like something's wrong. just let him breathe for a few days and text again or call or something if you don't hear from him and just express your concern.

remember the holidays are stressful for some people; just be a good friend and take it a day at a time.

good luck :)

Thats good advice.. :) , just relax, someone once told me that you should not waste your time worrying or thinking something unless it is said to you...yes i know that is hard for us girls, as were naturally overthinkers :rolleyes: , but do as "nodaybut2day" says, and just maybe wait until wednesday / thursday and call him.. dont text. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

u violated the 2 day rule. that gives him the upper hand. leave it til monday and ask did he do much over the weekend. let on that u went out fri and sat and had a great time. dont be too eager. though, im no the "other team" so shouldn't be tellin u these secrets to wreck a fellas head! lol

im gonna leave it at that so... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Maybe he got a shock at how well the two of you hit it off, and that scared him a liuttle. But tbh, more likely he hasd lost interest. I hate to be the prick who points it out, but whenever I meet someone I'm interested in I can't be around tem enough. I may not want to see them everyda, but I will be in touch with them at least every other day. |And the whole not txtin you over new years, that's bad, that's real bad.

Also, who's pedalling this "2-day" rule BS??? Seriously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He's probably tired. Men don't play games in the same way that women do. "no, just shattered", 9 times out of ten means that he's just exhausted and just wants to crash in front of the TV. If you haven't heard anything by the weekend, give him a casual text to ask if he wants to meet you and your mates for a few beers. If you hear nothing, or he refuses, move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

What seamus said. Except, if he refuses but sounds enthusiastic to meet at some other time, he probably is.

Alternatively, you could put your mind at ease and just phone him. Text is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

seamus wrote:
    He's probably tired. Men don't play games in the same way that women do. "no, just shattered", 9 times out of ten means that he's just exhausted and just wants to crash in front of the TV.

My brothers are always telling me that, and the more I think about it, the more sense it makes!!! Why don't men read over a text a hundred times looking for that "hidden meaning" lol ;)

If he IS wrecked, it's not a good idea to be hassling him with texts/calls....it's only Tuesday and you don't want to appear really demanding. Try and be patient, delete his number and give it to a mate so you won't be tempted to make contact. If you hear nothing by next week, one last text invite to meet up for a couple of drinks. Good luck girl, hope it works out well for you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 selene

thaks to everyone for advice, he rang during the week and we had "the" talk, everything is going great again, we both want to be together and now know were we stand, we'vw spent nearly every day together and are making plans for future, its still early days and are still learning new things about each other but its all good!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭BigArnie

selene wrote:
    we'vw spent nearly every day together and are making plans for future

:eek: Does he know this? :v:

Advertisement