Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrested Development - 3x09 - "S.O.B.'s" [NEW US EPISODE]

• 03-01-2006 2:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

The first episode of the New Year and with only four episodes to go after this one, Arrested Development finally decides to pander to the masses and lose its creativity. :rolleyes:
    Of course, tonight's show was a parody of "regular" sitcom situations that always attract the viewing public. I loved this episode.

Some highlights include:
    The opening sequence. ('Who threw that tomato?')
    Put on 3D glasses now.
    That line, that was posted here before: "I guess it's Showtime for us".
    Referencing the "Save Our Bluths" banana-sending campaign, except with glitter.
    "Please tell your friends about this show".
    Geroge Michael's "angst".
    "I'm in love with my cousin" "I love you too son".
    Michael's speech.

So, what did you guys think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Must get some of those glasses, that was a weird bit.

I did like the HBO and Showtime references though, haha.

And GOB was awesome. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

BopNiblets wrote:
    Must get some of those glasses, that was a weird bit.
    That was a referance to an episode of 'Medium' aired in 3-D earlier this Winter. There was a lot of references to other shows stunts in this episode (the "live" ending, for example).

Making Lindsay a housewife, George Michael's angst. They changed the show to suit the network executives for one episode only. :D
    And yes, G.O.B. was awesome.

This episode was a strange one alright.......but damn good. I really liked
    Michael's speech at the end of the episode: "We've been given plenty of chances".

They're right in a way, FOX could have cut AD after Season 1. They've done that to other shows tbh. I love Arrested Development but it hasn't been getting anything near survival ratings on FOX. I've come to terms with that now. I guess it's Showtime. *crosses fingers*

As always with Arrested Development, a website mentioned on the show turns out to be real.

http://www.savethebluths.org/

Oh, and who liked the Quintuplets reference? :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Loved it of course. And I enjoyed the little references:
    Pointless guest stars showing up and, as said, having characters act abnormally but having the characters verbalize the fact that they mightn't be that likeable (which is one of the criticisms I've seen labelled at the show - they find the people too self involved).

"Please tell your friends about this show". Best narrator line ever? Possibly.

Amusing to see it was "Medium" that did the 3D episode as I'm about to put one of them on now...

All hail GOB. All hail

Does anyone know the lag between AD episodes being made and being aired? The jokes in this one certainly seem to indicate it was only filmed recently.

ixoy wrote:
    Does anyone know the lag between AD episodes being made and being aired? The jokes in this one certainly seem to indicate it was only filmed recently.
    There isn't too much of a lag, this was filmed just before Christmas AFAIK. Jason Bateman's recent illness would also have contributed to this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement