Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress problem!

• 03-01-2006 4:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

im looking for a dress that makes you look a bit slimmer..
    a certain type of dress, style, shape etc

any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

It depends what you want to cover.
    Bias cut is supposed to be more flattering.
    A-line balances out hips (or so I'm told)
    If you have a small waist and want to accentuate it get a fifties style
    If you don't like your arms crazy as it may sound a strapless dress will draw attention onto your shoulders instead.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i want to draw attention away from my bum and hips, so i dont want a real clingy dress..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Im probably more or less the same as you, a 10 on top and 12 on bottom so i always want to draw attention away from my ass and hips. My sister is the buyer for BT so I get a lot of cheap advice and help off her! I find that wrap dresses are very flattering especially if youve got a good chest that you want to emphasise, they slim your waist and in a colour like black theyre really flattering. Also if you get a dress with a large pattern it makes you look slimmer, small patterns such as dots or something makes you look huge.I find also that halterneck dresses draw the eye to your chest and shoulders, I have one with a 3/4 length flowy skirt and halterneck top, its black on top with purple and black lace on the bottom. Its by Karen Millen and on sale in BT at the moment for a really reasonable price and its really flattering I always get commented on how pretty and slimming it is. Hope ive been of some help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

Every girl should invest in Trinny and Susanna's books "What not to Wear" and "What you wear will change your life"! It will give you advice on the best shapes clothes to wear for your body shape!! Everyone is different and these books give excellent advice!! :D

Advertisement