Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting number BACK to Eircom, Who to contact??

Options
  • 03-01-2006 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I recently got Digiwebs Metro service installed and ported my number over to them to use for all phonecalls. Unfortunately the service is poor, people can rarely hear me when I call them, and it just flat out doesnt work most the time. It seems to me that even if they improve the service it's never going to be rock solid and that is what I need (I live with a doctor who has to be contactable).

I want to port my number back to Eircom (I'm still paying the Eircom bill) but am having trouble. Have rung them twice and both times nobody has any idea of what I am talking about. They just keep transfering me around (over 30 mins last time!!) and I have to keep repeating my story, its incredibly annoying. I know that all that is needed is a reverse of what I did to get my number ported to Digiweb, but nobody in Eircom seems to be aware of this process!

Can someone tell me who to contact in Eircom Re:number porting??

Also I'd imagine it shouldnt take as long to port back as it was eircom holding up proceedings in the first place.

Eircom are a terribly run company but their phone service works, so sadly I'm going to have to continue paying them (can take some joy in using UTV for all calls instead:)

Any info re: contact number/email would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Blobert

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

if you're res 1901

if you're bus 1800 501 502

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks,

Thats the number I rang, but they just kept transfering me around.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

PM me your details and I will get someone to call you !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

blobert wrote:
    Thanks,

Thats the number I rang, but they just kept transfering me around.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.
    I thought Eircon were the opposite ... I thought they were all ears and had nothing but time for people who had left their network? The problems generally arise when you become a customer again :D

Advertisement