Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

arsenal v united

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Decent summation of Arsenal's state apart from the goal poacher part. Van Persie has shown himself to be extremely adept at only getting one chance and smashing it into the back of the net.
    I am a huge fan of Van Persie, but what I meant was more of a stonger target man type of player. Someone who can hold the ball up better.

Arsenal have stunning midfield runners, if you take how Crouch's play has been effective for Gerrard at Liverpool, think what a similar type of player could do with Pires, Ljungberg, and Reyes coming from midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

irish1 wrote:
    Thats what I can't understand why would he be happy with a point, is it because he didn't want to let Wenger get one over?

Fletch did well but O'Shea was clearly out of position, Utd need to buy a quality midfielder, I'd be throwing money at Ballack if I was Utd.

i thought oshea played well tonight. the focus for united now has to be on 2nd place. if it happens that chelsea slip up, its a bonus. a draw tonight means they keep their distance from arsenal, who despite all the doom merchants will be challenging for second place come the end of the season.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I am a huge fan of Van Persie, but what I meant was more of a stonger target man type of player. Someone who can hold the ball up better.

Arsenal have stunning midfield runners, if you take how Crouch's play has been effective for Gerrard at Liverpool, think what a similar type of player could do with Pires, Ljungberg, and Reyes coming from midfield.
    Well that perhaps, when you say 'poacher' I instantly think Franny Jeffers and cringe... :)

I think Wenger may be looking along those lines. He's signed Bendtner who is 6'3 and Arsenal have been strongly linked to Kuyt and Kiessling (6'5) recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

What a bore-fest.

The only thing I liked in that game was Cygans brilliant save from Henry's free-kick. Had me laughing for ages.

Seriously, why is that guy even associated with a premiership club? He's so unbelievably thick. He has not got two live brain cells to rub together. I always make a point of watching out for him whenever he is playing. He does the most ridiculous things time and time again. Like every second touch. Just unbelievable.

And he's also clearly too stupid for hair.

What a bore-fest.

The only thing I liked in that game was Cygans brilliant save from Henry's free-kick. Had me laughing for ages.

Seriously, why is that guy even associated with a premiership club? He's so unbelievably thick. He has not got two live brain cells to rub together. I always make a point of watching out for him whenever he is playing. He does the most ridiculous things time and time again. Like every second touch. Just unbelievable.

And he's also clearly too stupid for hair.
    Great post.

His biggest "WTF???????" moment that had me cringing, head in hands, was when he nicked the ball off a United player at the Arsenal corner, had all the time in the world to clear it, but decided to let it run out of play. It was clearly never going to run out though, so it stops on the line, and Cygan gives away a corner. He then trots back into the back looking thoroughly confused. "Ball? Corner? Line? Huh?"

What a bore-fest.

yeah that was the best chance of the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

His biggest "WTF???????" moment that had me cringing, head in hands, was when he nicked the ball off a United player at the Arsenal corner, had all the time in the world to clear it, but decided to let it run out of play. It was clearly never going to run out though, so it stops on the line, and Cygan gives away a corner. He then trots back into the back looking thoroughly confused. "Ball? Corner? Line? Huh?"
    Haha, I didn't see that but I had probably stopped paying attention to the game by this point. This match was pretty poor but things could have been worse. It could have been a Chelsea vs Liverpool European tie. :p

Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea the big winners here.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

One word...

Muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Worst Manu Arsenal tie I have seen in ages. Both midfields were sh1t. Henry looked dis-interested. Rooney was moot. RVN like a headless Donkey. Arsenal had the best of the first half, with the second half being "marginally" more entertaining. Should have watched Eastenders TBH, pure tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

O'Shea hit some very nice passes from midfield tonight. I was rather impressed with his performance actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

terrible terrible match.

The only thing the match provided was some good comedy moments - pats on the back for cygan and ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

and fletcher got man of the match?!?!? if no one actualy deserves it i dont think they should bother.

and chucky the tree..... the sig is class. never saw it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Seen this as well, everyone in house laughing our heads off. Ball goes rolling towards line, Cygan looking at it, sits on white line and he just looks at linesman. Linesman does nothing so he stands there looking confused with ball between legs till Utd player comes over and kicks it against his legs and out for a cornor. Wasn't that the cornor as well that Brown nearly scored? he is terrible

Wasn't a classic but wasn't a terrible game. Had a good few exciting parts but really was a game of cat and mouse like FA Cup final. Utd should have won it. Where the better side and I was impressed with O'Shea and Flecher in the middle of the park. Problem was with Utd they hadn't got Scholes in there to get forward to help Rooney, Rooney would pick up the ball and run forward and would have 3-4 Arsenal players around him straight away.

If Scholes played then he would have been there to help Rooney, also you found Rooney dropping to right in front of O'Shea to pick up the ball and O'Shea was more or less dropping back to be another CB when Arsenal where on the attack. Ronaldo had a decent game. Few bad crosses. Giggs done nothing to be honest. RVN was quiet and missed the best chance when he was put thru but he just drove it wide.

Everyone at the back done well for Utd but Silvestre passing was poor.

Henry was more or less muscled out of it by Brown who seemed to be looking after him and leave Ferdinand to watch other players coming forward. Pires was at his usual diving and got O'Shea booked for no reason. Seems to be teaching Reyes his tricks, swear he was shot when Giggs rubbed against him, then gets Rooney booked for a challange he made and then slid over Rooney into ad boards

Fabregras done well, some nice passes. Gilberto just kind of sat in front of defence and closing Rooney out of game. Everyone in back 3 played well. Cygan is a disaster and shouldn't be in the PL let alone playing for one of the best teams in the League

Overall I think Wenger was running a bit scared of the Utd midfield and just packed the middle of the park, if Utd had Scholes I think they would have won easily. Result in end only helps Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I didnt see the game but from the commentary I heard and the reports, it was a close match with few chances. Man U did the most but neither team sneaked a single goal, which would have more than likely been enough to win it. Another example perhaps of how dependent Arsenal are on Henry's brilliance. He was good, he was close on a couple of occasions, but he didnt score.

This draw and another 2 pts dropped by each team helps both Liverpool in their quest for 2nd and a safe 3rd, and Spurs for their ambitious 4th-place attempt. Although, is there really a risk that Arsenal wont get a top-4 place? Perhaps it will depend on the confidence at the club and whether the likes of Henry signs a new contract and if any new players are brought in. The latter looks unlikely and the longer Henry dallies about his new contract the worse things may become. This is one of Arsenal's worst season in years, and Viera who is sitting pretty on top of Serie-A with Juventus and looking like a good prospect for the CL, must make Henry very envious indeed.

redspider

redspider wrote:
    whether the likes of Henry signs a new contract and if any new players are brought in. The latter looks unlikely and the longer Henry dallies about his new contract the worse things may become.

Well Sky had an interview with Henry before the game and he seemed a bit pi**ed that he was still being asked about the contract and that him not signing a contract should not affect anyone at the club. More or less the whole interview was about that and then at very end Henry just goes that sometimes when Arsenal play they are abit over "elborate" in attack. Then interview over.

Why the hell Sky couldn't have asked him more about that statement that just asking the same stupid tabloid questions to try and get a big story. Useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

As a total independent football fan, what i got from the game is how much both teams missed their former respective leaders, keane and Vieira. The game didn’t seem to have anybody that was willing to grab the game by the scruff of the next and bring it forward.

Its two points dropped by both teams, and what was amazing was for the first time ever after the match instead of criticising each other all wenger and Ferguson could say was how far ahead Chelsea are.

Poor match, from seasons in the past where this was an end-to-end match with goals all the time. Both team missing big players in the midfield.

Sarge wrote:
    As a total independent football fan, what i got from the game is how much both teams missed their former respective leaders, keane and Vieira. The game didn’t seem to have anybody that was willing to grab the game by the scruff of the next and bring it forward

Independent here as well, everytime you could make out the Man Utd fans all you could hear is "there is only one Keano"

Think everyone knew that the loss of Keane and Vieira would affect the game. For the last 7-8 season it has been those 2 in the middle of the park running the whole show and firing up the players around them.

I still feel thou that if Scholes had been playing Utd would have won. They lost that bit of guile in the middle of the park with Fletcher and O'Shea

Big Nelly wrote:
    I still feel thou that if Scholes had been playing Utd would have won. They lost that bit of guile in the middle of the park with Fletcher and O'Shea

I honestly believe that paul Scholes is not the same player he was when roy keane was there. I think he is been found out.

Sarge wrote:
    I honestly believe that paul Scholes is not the same player he was when roy keane was there. I think he is been found out.

He has been playing his best this season with Keane gone. He is no longer the player he was 3-4 seasons ago but if you look back at the game and watch it and the place where Utd where losing alot of ball was in the position Scholes would be in.

Big Nelly wrote:
    He has been playing his best this season with Keane gone. He is no longer the player he was 3-4 seasons ago but if you look back at the game and watch it and the place where Utd where losing alot of ball was in the position Scholes would be in.

Now , you cant really say that sure you may as well use the keane arguement and the veiria one as well if they had of been there. I would like to hear what united supporters think of Scholes since keanes departure ?

• Advertisement

scholes had been playing bad all season, he has been one of our best players the last month. im not saying its down to not playing beside keane anymore, but he has improved lately. he tends to be like that in a season, ie slow to start. to say scholes has been "found out" suggests he is not a great player which is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Better result for Arsenal than ManU. United should have been able to play better and win.

I had said before that ManU would still finish 2nd and Liverpool third, now i think that Liverpool with get the runner up spot, too many draws, not being able to grind out one nils, ManU's defense is jsut too porous.

VandeSar is a quality keeper, has made 2 errors this year, but hes made 60+saves(as much as Given in the Newcastle Goal) which says more about the quality of defender in front of him.

Cygan aside Arsenal have a much better def than United, Rio is fairly good, but Silvestre is Utd only other quality defender, lets see how Vidic shapes up.

Upfront no major problems for both teams, but the MF's are muck, Park, maybe Ronaldo(too many off days)are all Utd have. Scholes/Giggs are past it. For Arsenal Pires(too many invisible days) maybe only Fabergas as a future prospect nothing else in MF, Gilberto is just an expiernced Pro never does anything, never scores, no assists.

Both United and Aresnal need to spend big money on one MF player, Utd should sending secuity vans full of cash to Ballacks house with a contract, why isnt this happening?

Henry is a smart operator, if Wenger does'nt start making noises about relpacing Viera's role in Aresnal soon he might well be off to SerieA or Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Big Nelly wrote:
    Seen this as well, everyone in house laughing our heads off. Ball goes rolling towards line, Cygan looking at it, sits on white line and he just looks at linesman. Linesman does nothing so he stands there looking confused with ball between legs till Utd player comes over and kicks it against his legs and out for a cornor. Wasn't that the cornor as well that Brown nearly scored? he is terrible

Wasn't a classic but wasn't a terrible game. Had a good few exciting parts but really was a game of cat and mouse like FA Cup final. Utd should have won it. Where the better side and I was impressed with O'Shea and Flecher in the middle of the park. Problem was with Utd they hadn't got Scholes in there to get forward to help Rooney, Rooney would pick up the ball and run forward and would have 3-4 Arsenal players around him straight away.

If Scholes played then he would have been there to help Rooney, also you found Rooney dropping to right in front of O'Shea to pick up the ball and O'Shea was more or less dropping back to be another CB when Arsenal where on the attack. Ronaldo had a decent game. Few bad crosses. Giggs done nothing to be honest. RVN was quiet and missed the best chance when he was put thru but he just drove it wide.

Everyone at the back done well for Utd but Silvestre passing was poor.

Henry was more or less muscled out of it by Brown who seemed to be looking after him and leave Ferdinand to watch other players coming forward. Pires was at his usual diving and got O'Shea booked for no reason. Seems to be teaching Reyes his tricks, swear he was shot when Giggs rubbed against him, then gets Rooney booked for a challange he made and then slid over Rooney into ad boards

Fabregras done well, some nice passes. Gilberto just kind of sat in front of defence and closing Rooney out of game. Everyone in back 3 played well. Cygan is a disaster and shouldn't be in the PL let alone playing for one of the best teams in the League

Overall I think Wenger was running a bit scared of the Utd midfield and just packed the middle of the park, if Utd had Scholes I think they would have won easily. Result in end only helps Chelsea
    Wow...just a bit biased?

I agree with Dallas, although both teams had chances to win it.
    Upfront no major problems for both teams
    Arsenal need that poacher, how many crosses did Pires/Lauren send in with no Arsenal player even attempting to attack the ball?
    Gilberto is just an expiernced Pro never does anything, never scores, no assists.
    I believe he is a ball winner? But completely agree with both needing a no-nonsense MF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Diabolical match. If proof was ever needed that the Premiership is in a vast decline then it was there tonight. Man United and Arsenal have always put on great matches with passion, skill and excitement and simply both sides are a pale shadow of their former selves, esp. Arsenal.

Ronaldo did my head in yet again last night with his pathetic showboating. He'll never learn and it's a shame to see such a potentially awesome talent wasting himself on tyring to be spectacular all the time, he badly needs to become a team player or he won't last for very long.

Only encouraging aspect from a United point of view was that the defence looked unsually solid, esp Wes Brown - had a smashing game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Cygan aside Arsenal have a much better def than United, Rio is fairly good, but Silvestre is Utd only other quality defender, lets see how Vidic shapes up.
    It's not often I see the words "Silvestre" and "quality" in the same sentence. Are you sure you didn't leave out "complete absence of" from in between them?

I think Arsenal should be ashamed of not having the ambition to try and win the game, given their quality and the fact that they were the home team. I really despise that 4-5-1 formation, it smothers games and no-one wants to sit through rubbish like last night week in, week out. That said, I would have expected Utd to show a bit more guile in breaking Arsenal down and at least getting a few more attempts on goal in. They were also awful from set pieces, truly awful.

Finally, Ronaldo is absolutely brainless, he hasn't a notion when to release the ball. It's well past time someone picked him up by the ankles and shook him thoroughly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Rubbish game I thought. Definately lacked a spark, due to probably two main factors;
    --Absence of Keane and Vieira: 5 yellow cards in the match, but still didn't seem to same with out their battles. It seemed a bit tame.
    --Just another match? Usually Arsenal/United games are 6-pointer title clashes, but this season the title has pretty much been conceeded to Chelsea already.

There was no drive from midfield for United. Fletch and O' Shea didn't do too bad, but there wasn't much creativity from that area. No box-to-box runs, no flash. Ronaldo was poor I thought, he needs more quality in his crossing. Rooney was pretty quiet, as was Van Nistelrooy apart from his decent shot that was saved in the first half (that should have been buried on the rebound by Ronaldo).

Neither side deserved to win it really, poor game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

You can say that again, Ronaldo should of buried it. Fair enough result anyway because I thought Arsenal had a decent case for a penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

A really boring game to watch. No real passion, effort or quality from either side. Ultimately 0-0 was a fair result as neither team deserved three points after being so flat in such a big game. Arsenal v. United should still be a big game for both clubs, even in the context of this season - it just shows how hard both teams find it to get psyched up for a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

One thing that did come out lasts nights match:

Wes brown should be playing at the centre of defence in the Utd team on a regular basis.

How Silvestre is picked ahead of him is a mystery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Diabolical match. If proof was ever needed that the Premiership is in a vast decline then it was there tonight. Man United and Arsenal have always put on great matches with passion, skill and excitement and simply both sides are a pale shadow of their former selves, esp. Arsenal.
    What a load of crap, if anything the Premiership is in a vast incline. Take results in Europe as exhibit A.

Last nights match was poor, so what? Like there is never a bad game in La Liga or Serie A? How many top teams play out drab 0-0s in Italy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

I think Silvestre is a quality player. Hes more of a Full back anyway (too short for CB/Cental Defender) but starts pretty much every game for Utd when fit.
    doesnt (generally) make mistakes.

Wes Brown maybe should get CB with Silvestre at Full back, but Alex doesnt trust him enuff to start more often. Wes brown isnt a world class/able to play in SeriaA type player.

brown nearly always starts against henry. personally i would sooner have him CB than silvestre. i was watching a review of a prem season and silvestre was playing LB all year and he was amazing going forward. looked a bit awkard their the other night as he hasnt played their in a while but its definitely an option with the serbian CB arriving.

although if evra is signed thats my theory out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think Silvestre is a quality player. Hes more of a Full back anyway (too short for CB/Cental Defender) but starts pretty much every game for Utd when fit.
    doesnt (generally) make mistakes.

I woud say that Silvestre makes at least one major mistake inpractically every game he plays.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Utd should sending secuity vans full of cash to Ballacks house with a contract, why isnt this happening?

Probably because he is too old to be considered as a long term replacemet for Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The Muppet wrote:
    Probably because he is too old to be considered as a long term replacemet for Keane.

But Ballack is an attacking midfielder...could he really replace Roy Keane even if he was 5 years younger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

adox wrote:
    I woud say that Silvestre makes at least one major mistake in practically every game he plays.:confused:
    At least. Unless there's another player called Silvestre at Utd that I've missed and that's who Corben was talking about.

cheesedude wrote:
    But Ballack is an attacking midfielder...could he really replace Roy Keane even if he was 5 years younger?
    No. And AFAIK Fergie never discussed the possibility of using him as a replacment for RK. He is more the the mould of Stevie Gerrard than a Roy Keane. I would have expected most people would have recognised that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He isn't in the mould of Gerrard at all, he is in the mould of Scholes or Lampard.
    Roy Keane used to be in the mould of Gerrard when he had the legs, but he doesn't anymore.

Keane as a player can't be replaced, but what can be replaced is his drive, something that Ballack has. He could be a replacement to Keane, not in position, but in knock on effect to the team.

PHB wrote:
    He isn't in the mould of Gerrard at all, he is in the mould of Scholes or Lampard.
    Roy Keane used to be in the mould of Gerrard when he had the legs, but he doesn't anymore.

Keane as a player can't be replaced, but what can be replaced is his drive, something that Ballack has. He could be a replacement to Keane, not in position, but in knock on effect to the team.

Spot on PHB.

I would have expected most people who have any knowledge of the game to have figured that out for themselves.

• Advertisement

From Fifa.com Michael Ballack
    Technically outstanding, Ballack prefers the defensive midfield position, but with his long, jinking runs and visionary passing, he can turn defence into attack in a second. His goal rate is high, and his perfect timing makes him a good tackler.

Steven Gerrard
    Skilful and aggressive, every fan, player and manager would love to have Steven on his side. Scores important goals for club and country - most memorably to give England the lead in the World Cup qualifier in Munich in September 2001 - and has a fantastic range of passes.

Roy Keane (not from Fifa but from a respected Manu Website)
    As the only member of the midfield quartet who was a ball-winner and strong tackler, Keane increasingly shoulders most of the defensive duties, tracking opponents, protecting the centre-backs, and winning enough possession to feed the attackers ahead of him. In the last three years these have reduced his pace and running power. At his peak, opponents often flooded the midfield to try to negate Keane's strength with numbers and, at his peak Keane 'handled' them. Now he can't do that anymore and Ferguson has been forced to abandon the two-wing attack of the glory years in order to shore up central midfield; in the process, much of the quick counter-attacking play for which the team was noted has been lost. Thus the desperate, and unsuccessful, scramble to find a 'new Keane'.

From The Muppet
    Probably because he is too old to be considered as a long term replacemet for Keane

From PHB
    Keane as a player can't be replaced.....and he is in the mould of Scholes or Lampard

From The Muppet
    Spot on PHB

No even I would be hard pressed to contradict myself in the space of 2-3 posts.

I will leave you 2 "fans" to sort it out between yourselves :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

lol

First off you use FIFA as your source, which shows you've barely watched Ballack play. Why don't you watch some of the Germany matches, they should be accessible. He has the ability to tackle more than Scholes, but is very similar to Lampard. He does not play ina defensive midfielder position, somebody who does is Makelele, compare their plays. FIFA profiles know nothing.

Also the respected Man Utd website is probably somewhere let RedIssue which has an agenda against Ferguson, and is trying to paint him in a particular light. So to say it is a respectable, is silly.

Secondly, lets have a look at what I said,

See how those two thigns, don't go in the sequence you pretend they do? Why did you do that exactly?

Furthermore, where is the Muppets logical contradiction? It's not something you've at all pointed out.

Also, the fact you have to resort to saying 'fans', in inverted commas, shows your level of respect towards other people, so its not suprising how much you misinterpreted our posts, as it appears you had decided before you even read what we said what we said.

PHB wrote:
    lol

First off you use FIFA as your source, which shows you've barely watched Ballack play. Why don't you watch some of the Germany matches, they should be accessible.
    OK. Seen as how I appear to know SFA, why don't you explain to me the incorrectness of using FIFA as a source and you "asking" me to watch some of Germany's matches.
    FIFA profiles know nothing.
    Says you
    Also the respected Man Utd website is probably somewhere let RedIssue which has an agenda against Ferguson, and is trying to paint him in a particular light. So to say it is a respectable, is silly.
    Lol, yea ok. Again, says you.

See how those two thigns, don't go in the sequence you pretend they do?
    Did I? Why don't you point out where I "prentended" they did?
    Furthermore, where is the Muppets logical contradiction? It's not something you've at all pointed out.
    He tried to present a knowledable fact that Ballack was in someway being put forward as a logical replacement for Keane. You said that:

1) That Ballack was more in the mould of Scholes or Lampard

and some hairy fairy idea that Ballacks inner spirit could possibly be

2) a replacement to Keane, not in position, but in knock on effect to the team.

And Muppet says :Spot on SO are you telling me that you are actually both in agreement?

That is fairly contradictory to me.
    Also, the fact you have to resort to saying 'fans', in inverted commas, shows your level of respect towards other people, so its not suprising how much you misinterpreted our posts, as it appears you had decided before you even read what we said what we said.
    Not at all. Not towards people, just some people. If you want to preach respect, try learning some yourself. Get down off your cross PHB, I need the nails.

PHB wrote:
    lol

First off you use FIFA as your source, which shows you've barely watched Ballack play. Why don't you watch some of the Germany matches, they should be accessible. He has the ability to tackle more than Scholes, but is very similar to Lampard. He does not play ina defensive midfielder position, somebody who does is Makelele, compare their plays. FIFA profiles know nothing.

Secondly, lets have a look at what I said,

See how those two thigns, don't go in the sequence you pretend they do? Why did you do that exactly?

LOL, sure he had to use sources for Keane and Gerrard too , he must have been out of the country for a long time. I wouldn't even waste my time arguing with him PHP he so obviously hasn't a clue about the game.

I think Wenger may be looking along those lines. He's signed Bendtner who is 6'3 and Arsenal have been strongly linked to Kuyt and Kiessling (6'5) recently.
    Reported to be interested in Red Star striker Zigic (6'8) today.

Advertisement