Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book

• 03-01-2006 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Okay, just got into firefly and serenity, and I'm pissed that it's already over.

But, does anybody know what the story was with shepard book, how come he know's all this dodgy business, and how did he get that medical treatment in the tv show?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

Cactus Col wrote:
    Okay, just got into firefly and serenity, and I'm pissed that it's already over.

But, does anybody know what the story was with shepard book, how come he know's all this dodgy business, and how did he get that medical treatment in the tv show?

It is a mystery.

But the theory that seems to be most popular is that before he was a shepherd Book was something similar to an Operative. Some people say he isn't a shepherd, mainly because of what Early said, but I'd disagree. I think he did something that he really wasn't proud of, and ended up leaving the alliance to retire and find some peace as a shepherd.

Then he got all mixed up with Serenity and her crew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Fence wrote:
    It is a mystery.

But the theory that seems to be most popular is that before he was a shepherd Book was something similar to an Operative. Some people say he isn't a shepherd, mainly because of what Early said, but I'd disagree. I think he did something that he really wasn't proud of, and ended up leaving the alliance to retire and find some peace as a shepherd.

Then he got all mixed up with Serenity and her crew.
    Aye, that takes into consideration his turmoil at the end of the first episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I reckon we should all just go out and buy lots of the Serenity DVD so as Joss can get a sequel and tell us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Raphael wrote:
    I reckon we should all just go out and buy lots of the Serenity DVD so as Joss can get a sequel and tell us!
    Sounds like a plan. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

cheers! I was hoping wheadon or someone would've let slip on his background in an interview or something.

With talk of Futurama being remade again, I guess there's always hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭savemejebus

There is a bit extra on his background in the novelisation of the movie (which was supposedly based on the early script) and it hints very heavily at his being an operative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

That's what I'd assumed alright...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I'm sure mostt people did. I know I did. Must get that Novel alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Possible that Early had previous contact with him before he became a shepard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's addressed in the Q&A session on the DVD and Joss it was just one of those things he never got around to explain. And that he hoped to do it in a sequel to Serenity.

.. something like that anyways!

Might upload just that snippet of a question - have the DVD and can't see doubt i'm breaking any major copyright issues on just a snippet..

... hold on.. uploading now!...

.. video was encoded poorly - will only play in VLC! Sorry all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

larryone wrote:
    Possible that Early had previous contact with him before he became a shepard?
    I don;t think so, iirc Joss said that he gadn;t in the objests in space commentary

Advertisement