Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

When you shutdown Windows XP

• 03-01-2006 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭

I recently installed Windows XP Pro onto a new machine I built. It installed okay but sometimes when I go shutdown the machine restarts instead of shutting down. This happens approx 50% of the time. Has this happened before and could it be related to the Hardware or the OS?

I dont want to reinstall unless I have to.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Weird. Check the event viewer after it does it. There's a chance that a critical service is crashing when it is given the stop signal, and windows's default action when that happens is to reboot the machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

my old iwill mb did that, a bios update fixed it

actually so did unplugging all the usb devices

Advertisement