Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

unmountable boot volume error.

• 03-01-2006 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭

On switching on my laptop a few days ago I was greeted by a blue screen with this message, "Unmountable_Boot_Volume".
    I got into safe mode and performed a system restore. Everything was working as normal. Then yesterday the same problem occurs again. However, I am no longer able to enter via the Safe Mode. Any ideas on how to fix this error without reformatting my harddrive?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Do you mean "Unmountable_boot_volume"? (lol)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q297185

If your machine seems to work OK after a few reboots or a restore, and the problem reappears randomly, it's usually an indicator that your hard disk is on its last legs.

Run a Scandisk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Souness

Thanks Seamus for the quick response. Unmountable_Boot_Volume is the error alright. Too many late nights has the brain a bit fuzzy! The instruction link indicates that system repair from the Windows CD would work. Will give that a go later on. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

if you have anything important on the pc, like family pics i'd recommend you just take the drive out of it, get a usb to 2.5 ide adaptor off ebay, and get all your files off it before you do anymore writing to that drive

then you can do your full format, see if she can format without hesitating, clicking or hanging , if not throw it in the bin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Souness

I reinstalled Windows last night(After realised that I did not have the Drivers)..After much searching got all Device drivers and Laptop seems to be running smoothly:) ...wiped everything :eek: but had MP3s backed up:) ..the rest just some software I can get again...However, worried that this is not the end of it ...and it will be a recurring thing!

Advertisement