Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New IBB Mast in "Park House"?

• 03-01-2006 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Was on the phone to IBB because my ping is crap for the past 3 weeks and the ech. Support Agent I was speaking to said they had a new mast in "Park House" and that I might need to be moved to it (I'm currently on Guinness).
    Is anybody on this new mast? Where is it situated exactly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Park House is just off the Navan Road around Cabra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Thank you for your reply eth0_!

Have you seen this mast? Is it very high? I'm asking because I'm in Prussia Street and the street goes down towards the quays so the mast needs to be quite high if I'm going to be able to connect to it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Yeah the Park House is fairly new as far as I know, and it depends, you could be twice as far away from park house than guiness but pick up better signal and less SNR \ Interferance from Park house

I hope the Park House mast will be the answer to all my problems and an engineer should be coming soon to see if I have a LoS to this new mast. But does anybody know where exactly this mast is situated? And how high it is?

Thank you in adavnce!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I have one big question lol! what do these mast look like??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Park House is on the North Circular around Prussia Street.

I have one big question lol! what do these mast look like??
    I don't actually know that myself... I'm sure it looks similar enough to the mobile phone masts you can see everywhere...

testicle wrote:
    Park House is on the North Circular around Prussia Street.
    That's what I thought alright... I wish I knew where it was exactly though...
    I know there's a hotel called Park House on the NCR at the entrance of the Phoenix Park but I don't know if it's related...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

No, it's not "related" to the hotel.
    Park House is a large office building on the NCR about 200mtr past Hanlon's Corner (if heading towards Phibsboro).

How could I forget about Park House the building??? :confused::confused::confused: I'm 1 minute walk away from it and I pass by it twice a day!!!

I'll have a look to see if I can actually see a mast sticking out from the roof. Fingers crossed!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement