Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Smilie bug.

Options
  • 03-01-2006 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

The :D doesn't work at the start of a new post or after editing a post and it being the only thing in it.
    It just turns out like a :d and not a :D, when you go back to edit the post you get a :d instead of the :D you entered in the first place.

Here
    Sorry just taught I would point it out as it keeps me from studying to much:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, you're quite correct. When you attempt to start your post with all capitals (try it), vB does something nifty and prevents people from shouting like muppets. Unfortunately, you've uncovered a little bug - vB sees the first letter is capital (: is capital ;), then it sees that the second letter is a capital (D) and it converts the second and later letters to lowercase.

While it is a bug, I see it as beneficial - so you can't just post ":D"

:D

Advertisement