Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OfficeConnect Wireless Router Problem

• 03-01-2006 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I have a Zyxel ADSL Modem which is connected to a 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g Cable/DSL Router. The Zyxel is connected to the 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless Router through one of the ethernet ports, there is an ADSL port on the 3Com OfficeConnect but when I try and connect up through this I cannot get access to the Internet.

Could anyone help me with how I can get this to work or why it isn't working?

Another question. Is connecting the the Zyxel ADSL modem to the 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless Router by way of the ethernet port a bad idea, as I was trying to use Port forwarding but i don't think it is working?!

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

If the 3com has as ADSL connection connect that directly to the phone line and get rid of the Zyxel. What is the model number of the 3com? I may have the same one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Valentia wrote:
    If the 3com has as ADSL connection connect that directly to the phone line and get rid of the Zyxel. What is the model number of the 3com? I may have the same one.

It's a 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g Cable/DSL Router & the model number is 3CRWE554G72T.

The thing is that I can't get rid of the Zyxel as there is no RJ-11 port on the 3Com router. Are you able to get RJ-11 to RJ-45 cables?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

As far as I know that model doesn't have a phone connection. I had it, I think, and a friend got it working but I didn't like it so changed it for this model. It's easier to setup and has a stronger signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

had a similar problem myself, so hooked the modem in through one of the ethernet ports. Make sure that your Zyxel is acting as the DHCP server, as it is going to be your gateway. So turn it off on the 3com if it is enabled.

I guess if you want to use port forwarding, you will have to figure out how to get the internet port working. But in the meantime, the above solution will work!

Advertisement