Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee/Espresso Maker?

• 03-01-2006 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Can anyone recommend a good espresso/coffee maker? I guess priced under €200. I would love gaggia but the price is too high for me. Where can I buy in Dublin?
    I'm thinking of one of those kenwood retro machines but I'm unsure.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

Hi,

Arnotts are doing a special price on the Kenwood retro

http://www.buy4now.ie/arnotts/ €160 which is very cheap. It gets very good reviews and it looks great so I dont think you would go too far wrong with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NotToday

Briel Versatile Due currently E187.00 in BTs. Portuguese brand not well-known here but got an excellent review in the UK Consumer Association's tests a couple of months back, causing a shortage of the machines there. Got one the other day and it's great - uses either pods or loose coffee and does fantastic espressos and cappuccinos (but you'll need to practise a bit with the milk). A bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

i went in today and they're sold out of that briel machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I got a Gaggia Cubika in Arnotts a while back - don't think it was much over €200 - maybe €230ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I bought one of the Briel's- bloody brilliant machine. A million times better than the francis francis one we had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

i'm going to look elsewhere for the briel machine, any ideas? arnotts maybe

does that machine do 2 espressos at once?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

yup- it does two at once if you want, and can use freshly ground or coffee pods. We ordered ours in BT and got it just over a week later. Well worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I got a gaggia in Brown Thomas a few months back with 20% off. They usually repeat these type of promos, so would be worth looking out for. The standard black plastic model should be under the 200 mark with 20% off. I think it's fantastic, and my brother bought one also and loves it.

Whatever you buy, make sure that it's 15 Bar.

Ro

Advertisement