Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flemington Lane Balbriggan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭sugark

Congrats! Hopefully you'll be in soon.

People have moved in to the estate already but not into the houses facing on to Flemington Lane. I'm hoping to snag next week and close soon after that.

You might want to check my thread on the garden. Would say you'll have the same issue.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

heh, nah they only planted grass in my garden not too long ago - so it's fine (nothing strimmer won't handle).

You may be able to mention it on the snag, since it was adverted 'landscaped garden' or whatever the marketspeak BS for a bit of grass is, who knows ;)

I'd be curious if any 'big' issues on snag - from what I saw doubt it, still be interesting (also how long from time of snag till they fix etc).

Best of luck anyhows.

Am snagging this Friday so I'll post if there's anything major you should watch for.

Doubt if there will be though - the council already snagged when they took the keys from the builders so if there is anything I'm sure it'll only be cosmetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Valley

I read your message about the Affordable Housing in Flemington Lane in Balbriggan. I got my approval from Fingal County Council in March 2006 and I haven't received any information about a house yet. I have phoned Fingal County Council numerous times to try to find out what houses are coming up under the scheme but they won't tell my anything. Can you tell me how long you were waiting for the house in Balbriggan? When did you get your approval? Were you on the local list for Balbriggan or the general list? I really want to get a house soon but don't know where to get this information. I am from Skerries so would love a house in that area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Val.

Well, there are a couple of schemes, main ones being :
    Shared Ownership
    Addordable Housing Scheme
    Addordable Housing Initiative

The Ones being discussed here are the latter, Addordable Housing Initiative.
    With these, there is no waiting lists or otherwise, it's just a normal purchase (except your buying from the local authority at a reduced rate - there are some other conditions).

Sounds like you enquired about the affordable housing scheme, in which case there is waiting lists and what not.

Scheme : http://www.fingalcoco.ie/LivingInFingal/Housing/AffordableHousing/
    Initiative: http://www.fingalcoco.ie/LivingInFingal/Housing/AffordableHousingInitiative/

edit:
    For information try contacting Fingal, I've found them very good.
    Also, look at the oasis.gov.ie site.
    Note, because each Local authority has it's own rules/conditions attached to Affordable housing, the information on oasis.gov.ie won't be fully accurate depending on the authority you are applying to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 enniser

just googling dun saithne there and cant believe what Im reading here! I am buying a house in dun saithne view and are finally getting somewhere with the council aswell.

seanos, can you tell me how you got on with your snag cos we should be doing ours soon?

It's sugark who is doing his/her snag today apparently - I just signed Monday, so snagging end July/early August methinks.

ah right thanks, will look out for sugark's response.

I only hope after 7 months of sitting idle there wont be much wrong with the house. :)

Doubt there'd be much wrong in all honesty, looking at site and quality, everything seems decent.
    Also asked Fingal if their snaggers had run into any problems so far, and was told they didn't (Fingal apparently had their own architect on site most of the time also).

thats good news, should be gettting a call next week to hear what date we can snag the house. builders holidays are end of july so hopefully that doesnt affect snags getting done.

• Advertisement

Hey there, got snag list back today from snagger and all went great. In fact, he said it was the shortest snag list he ever had to do on a new build!

I went out with him (so finally got to set foot in my new house!) and he was finished within the hour - he said he could find little wrong with the place. And he was a snagger I got recommended off boards.ie so it wasn't as if he was just being lazy. He said that the Fingal Co. Co. snag had obviously been well done and that there was very little left to do.

Apart from cosmetic things such as marks on the walls (which you would need a magnifying class to see anyway) there was one broken seal on a window. There's no keys for the internal doors provided and a lack of doorstops. One of the internal doors is a little loose and one is a little too tight.

That was pretty much it!

That's brillant, cheers for the information.
    Nice to hear that you had little problems anyway - now to see how long the next legal leap takes.

Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer. My solicitor is just waiting for the land registry map - we can't close without it.

glad to hear they are only small things too. Our snag is hopefully getting done next week and was hoping there was nothing major that would take ages to fix.

Finally been told can snag, so snagging Tuesday afternoon.

well we got our snaglist back and alot of its cosmetic thank god. the bathroom however has a vent on the wall where you would normally put a shower head so that will have to be filled in etc. not great planning there
    we wud also like to put a dishwasher in the kitchen but will have to get extra plumbing done and take out a press, dont know if any of ye have same idea or ways to get round this if you have??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 billy1

Hi All,

I did my snags yesterday, but everything was fine. The guy who did the snags only charged me mileage as he could not put anything on the list!

They have done a very good job overall.

I wonder how long it will take until closing?

No idea when we're going to close as still waiting for some documents from Fingal.

If anyone closes, or is about to close, maybe you could post here?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

Balbriggan.net is the local site and it's updated very often. New parents forum too. PM me if inteested!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Forgive my ignorance.. :o I'm currently languishing on the Fingal waiting list and wondering what are snags? :(

• Advertisement

when you check the house for any problems.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks a lot. Wish I was at the snags stage... hopefully it's not too far off!! ;)
    Good luck with your snags etc everybody!! Hope it's all going well. I've seen the Flemington houses on the Fingal website.. a bit too far from the city centre for my liking but absolutely gorgeous looking. Congrats to those who will be soon organising housewarming parties. :)

Just heard that my snag is finished and I can do the Snag Reinspection next week - looks like we're getting close to closing!!

Am very excited - no work will be done for the rest of the day!!

Congrats, very nice.
    Looks like things may be done towards end of month then after all.

Excellent, get to resnag on Thursday afternoon.

Hello Neighbours

Anyone get a closing date? I had no resnagging to do, but I am still waiting for a closing date.

The waiting is a killer!:(

I feel like this is a test of patience - how long can we be made wait before going completely insane?

The last I heard is that we're all in the same boat - waiting for the Architect's Opinion on Building Regulations. As soon as this arrives at solicitors we can close - but not possible to close without it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

yes buying a new house is a complete test of patience;) and as it is affrodable housing there are even more hoops to jump through but it will be finished soon and then when you are oding all the work on it you will long for a saner life with out the house sometimes!

My ohuse was about 9/10 months late,I was gonig mad!

Hi all,

you may have seen this website which has been set up recently.

I have added a link for Dun Saithne so we can all keep in touch when we move in (whenever that may be).

You can check it out at www.neighbours.ie/dunsaithne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bebe

Hi guys,

I'm also buying in dun Saithne. I took a drive over there at the weekend to see if anyone had closed, and to my absolute shcok, there appears to have been some vandalism....Almost all the windows on Flemington lane (ofcourse they are all still vacant) seem to have had their windows broken, maybe by kids or drunken folks. Either way, this has sent me into panic mode. Anyone have any ideas what happened? I'd hate to think that this is a sign of things to come....

Advertisement