Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flemington Lane Balbriggan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 billy1

Hi Moonbeam,

€350 thats very good value, whats there name and telephone number.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Point to note - houses not wired for alarm - so it's wireless or getting house wired.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

my house was wired for alarm though....

will get you the number tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 15 enniser

hi all, we closed on our house on friday (at last!) and we are currently getting everything sorted.
    A recent issue is getting floors down and it seems that the lovely big doorsets we have are very low to the ground even for carpet in the sitting room. anyone else noticed this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DD01

Hi All,

We closed Friday before last after a very long and stressfull time with dealing with the council and their fairly land closing time frames. Today I came across this board on Dun Saitne and wish I had seen it before as there is lots of good information on it.
    We haven't put flooring down yet as waiting for someone to put floor boards down in sitting room and hall - do you think we will have the same problem with them on door saddles?

• Advertisement

hi there, I know i was the same, thought i was the only one having the same probs with the council!

I dont think the saddleboards between rooms are a problem but the guy doing our floors said he would have to take the front door off to sand it down if we wanted hardwood in the hall. He said laminate or tiles maybe your only options which may explain why there was tiles in the showroom hall.

But he said he may be able to sand it down just depends when he takes the door down if its possible cos it may leave a big gap from the outside...

I assume everyone that has closed is in houses 1-10...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DD01

We have closed and we are after number 10, probably cos we have annoyed then so much over the last few months they wanted to get rid of us. Plus when that final document came in from architect we had everything ready to sign to get keys immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shabbs

Hi Neighbours,

I have closed yesterday and I am after number 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jencydk

Moonbeam wrote:
    my house was wired for alarm though....

will get you the number tonight

Hi there,

Could I have the phone number of the alarm people?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

To someone that has moved in already, I'm wondering if you could do me a favour...

In the hot press, there is a pressure/expansion vessel (large red cylinder), if there is any way someone can get me the name off it (manufacturer/model, any details..) I'd muchly appriciate it.

(If unsure of what I'm talking about have a picture here,
    http://gallery.seanos.net/d/55-5/hotpress )
    The large red cylinder to the left of the boiler/green jacket.

Thanks

I was only looking at the red cylinder thing last night but didnt get the name of it, I will take a look and let you know as soon as I can. My brother who has been doing some sparky work for us is saying the the water tank beside the red thing is way too small and would not fill a bath properly and is recommending we get the bigger one to have enuff hot water when we need it.

Seanos,

I had a look last night and the name on it is Elbi.

Hope this is what your looking for.

Ah cheers, thanks a lot for this.
    Was just curious of a few things with these ,all seems well!

Dont forget to check out this website and add to it.
    billy1 wrote:
    Hi all,

you may have seen this website which has been set up recently.

I have added a link for Dun Saithne so we can all keep in touch when we move in (whenever that may be).

You can check it out at www.neighbours.ie/dunsaithne

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

and www.neighbours.ie/martellotowers, there are others there for the other estates or you can add your own.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hi there.. I know from the website that the 2 beds in Flemington were starting at 197,000 but could someone please tell me what the 3 bed houses cost? Feel free to p.m me if you don't want to post that info on the thread. Any replies greatly appreciated. :)

I think the three bed houses were 212k if memory serves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 K.Turan

:confused:

Hi,
    I have been offered a house in flemington lane balbriggan, panic stations.
    I am not from Balbriggan and don't know the area very well and find it hard
    to get information. Saw a few chats on this website about the area, snag-lists
    etc so I signed up to boards.ie.
    I have two young children who will need schools to transfer to, does anyone
    know of the standard of teaching in the nearest primary school.
    Getting mixed signals from the forum, is it a good area or bad area??
    Im going for a viewing on Saturday but don't want to be blinded by
    the fact that im buying a house and miss out anything that may make me
    regret it in the future.
    Is it really in the back-end of nowhere?? I work in Blanchardstown, will I
    be sitting in traffic all day??

Any information would be a great help, my nerves are at me because this
    (im sure) will be the only house I ever buy!!

Thanks

Karen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

K.Turan wrote:
    I have two young children who will need schools to transfer to, does anyone
    know of the standard of teaching in the nearest primary school.
    The nearest primary school may not be the one where your children are educated.
    K.Turan wrote:
    Getting mixed signals from the forum, is it a good area or bad area??
    It's impossible to define an area by saying it is either good or bad. Like anywhere there is good and there is bad. Being born and reared in the town I would say it is definitely good.
    K.Turan wrote:
    Is it really in the back-end of nowhere??
    No. It's 19 miles from O'Connell Street and has Irish Rail, Dublin Bus, Bus Eireann, M1 links to the city. Airport is 15 minutes drive. Seaside and countryside on your door step. Cinema. Plenty of new restaurants. New commercial developments.
    K.Turan wrote:
    I work in Blanchardstown, will I be sitting in traffic all day??
    No. Depending on what hours you work Balbriggan to Blanch can take from 30 minutes to averaging an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭sugark

Hi Karen,

I've been living in Dun Saithne, Flemington Lane, since September and have to say I love it. Yes, the commute took some getting used too (I've been living City Centre for the past 10 years) but having your own home makes it all worthwhile.

As for the town itself, I really like it. There's a real community feel about it; from people in the shops, restaurants, neighbours, etc., I've found that it's become 'home' far quicker than I thought it would.

I don't have kids but have friends in the area who do and they're pretty happy with the school situation.

When I went out to view the house back in November 2005, I went out early, wandered around the town and tried to get a feel for the place. So best of luck with the viewing tomorrow - I've found the neighbours in Dun Saithne really nice so if you get a chance to chat to anyone maybe ask them what they think. But trust your gut instinct - I went to view the house thinking 'maybe', but made the decision to go for it in about 30 seconds.

Best of luck tomorrow, and let us know how you get on. If you decide against, we won't be offended.:)

Hi Karen,

It often does feel like the back end of nowhere tbh,but the nice thing is at least it has supermarkets and the train within walking distance.
    I had also never been there until I bought my house,the place itself is nice and mostly quite.
    I have little experience with the people and you may feel a bit isolated but it is worth it in alot of ways to not live in an area where you can't walk home at night.
    There are a few primary schools incl an educate together one and a gaelscoil.
    My parents live near Blanch and depending what part and what router you take it is about 1/2 hour,you can go via naul or the m1 m50.

Rach

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Moonbeam wrote:
    you can go via naul or the m1 m50.

Blowin!

It's the Naul :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 buckleyj

Was up there in dun saithne today, loved it. Only problem was had to go alone as hubby at work...Anyone have any good pictures of the upstairs of these places? Also how close is the nearest shop? Have baby so can i walk there?

Depends,where exactly are the houses you were looking at?

Dunnes is nearby and yes you could walk it with a child.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I work in the city centre but found the houses too far away from the train station to be walking everyday when I went to see them. Plus the 45 min train journey. I'm just not used to a long commute! If I worked nearby or around Rush/Lusk/Swords I'd jump at the chance to get one of the houses cause they're lovely but I found them too far in the back of beyond for me! :rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear most of you are happy in your new homes! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 buckleyj

We have reserved number 79 Dun Saithne Crescent. How far is the train station exactly? How do you find the motorway in the morning? I work in Santry and my husband in St. margarets Golf Club up behine airport. I reall liked the houses just he is panicking that it is too far and he is a learner driver so cant go on motorway... We live in Swords at the moment. Where is Catle Mill Shopping centre? What is in it? I think I will take him for a a drive about later...

They are still selling the houses over there?

Getting to St Margarets is fine,you go via the naul.It is about 25 miles.

Getting to santry is fine in the morning @ 7:30 will take you about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes ,the m1 tends to be fine the traffic problems start after!

Castlemill has a pharmacy,Dunnes grocery,coffee shop,pizza,bookies,newsagents and think that is all.

Drogheda isn't far and everything you need is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

The train station is a little over 1 mile from the estate.

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Does anyone have the telephone number for Balrothery Tennis Club.

Thanks,

Advertisement