Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flemington Lane Balbriggan

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

2 questions re the above.
    Does anybody know whether the whole Cresent is made up of affordable housing [AH] or is it a mix of social [SH]and affordable.?
    I gather there is no 'full price' housing in that part of the overall estate- instead FCC is not mixing the '20%' requirement but is putting all the AH and SH in one section.

Is there a management conmpany there or will FCC eventually take it in hand?

Any observations would be much appreciated.

ps hope you are all ready for the 30 billion AH/SH hype in the 185Bn NDP tomorrow. 185Bn jeeeeeeeeeeeesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

The Dun Saithne estate is all Affordable Housing Initiative, and Social housing.
    I don't know of any 'full price' housing in Dun Saithne estate.
    No management company.

Seanos, Much obliged.

Was up there today having a peep at a house for a friend.

The one I was in is on the cresent of 8 houses numbers 52 to 60 or so.

The wind was blowing into the front of the houses and there were mega drafts as follows:

all around the fuse box in the hall

under the windowsills in the front facing rooms

under the skirting boards in front bedrooms where the rad pipes come out.

under the skirting boards in kitchen where the rad pipes come out.

When the back door was open the drafts were strong enough to put out a match.

Anyone any thoughts or similair experiences?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭sugark

Have been living in the View since September and no drafts at all, in fact the insulation is fantastic and heating bills have been low.

• Advertisement

Builder tells me the "green" is to be built on with c 200 more houses by FCC

They have started by putting up the initial hoarding

The plans are not available in the FCC website!

I really hope that's not true. I live on the View, so it won't directly effect me, but I thought the green area was really important to the estate as a whole.

I suppose it's a difficult choice for Fingal CoCo between building more houses and having green areas.

Having grown up in a housing estate in Tallaght I saw all the green areas slowly be taken away and more houses built on them. Really bad for the neighbourhood overall, from both the asthetic and, much more importantly, the social point of view.

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Just lashed off an email to Fingal CoCo and AHP.ie. Will post if I hear anything confirming or denying rumours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 EmiliaK

I don't think it affects the original green space that was intended, I think it's over the far side of it....:confused:

EDIT: Found this on Fingal's website. Zoom in to the far North of the map, you'll soon see the Dun Saithne estate. The green is still there but it looks like there are more houses to go across the southern side of it.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/YourLocalCouncil/Services/Planning/DevelopmentPlanLocalAreaPlansZoning/LocalAreaPlans/LocalAreaPlans2005Plan/BalbrigganNorthLAP/

If that's the case then that's the original Phase 2 of the estate I heard about when I first saw the plans, which includes keeping the green area.

Hopefully that's the case then.

Yes I think that's it. This is up on the housing construction part of the site:

Flemington (Phase 2), Balbriggan 128 units

So there was always going to be a phase 2.

I saw a sign on the fence around the green that says that they commence planting of the green area in Spring 2007 or something to that effect. The green was also quite evident on the plans.

I'd imagine if this was to change it would have to be published somewhere/existing owners informed?

• Advertisement

I'd say you're right, notices would have to go up.

No harm in keeping an eye on things and posting here if you hear anything though, but it does seem as if this is Phase 2 as planned.

I agree.
    :)

Got a very helpful reply from Fingal Co. Co. saying that there are no plans to build on the green public spaces and that the 128 Phase 2 houses are per the original plans.

Glad to have rumour finally disproved!

That's great to know sugark, so it is as we guessed.... but you never do know, especially seen as that construction info on the site seems pretty dated...

Thanks! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 buckleyj

hi all. Living on the crescent and sooooooo fed up with the ****e that they call the 'green'. if i see another kid hurling muck and stones at the hoarding will scream... rumour has it they will actually seed it within 2 weeks????? Anyone else fed up or is it just me????? Just worried that when the holidays kick off the kids will do serious damage............ Anyway, nice to chat to neighbours...:)

We now have a junior Minister who was, during and prior to the election, very concerned as to what FCC had in mind for this Green space so lets get onto Trevor!

If the green was there at least they could play games or football on it. Unfortunately there's nowhere suitable for them to play and muck + stones + puddle of water + hoarding = too much temptation!

I just wonder what their parents say to them when they arrive in at night covered in muck!

I noticed several small piles of stones all across the green - does this mean the Council are finally cleaning it up for planting?? They can hardly be waiting for phase 2 to finish?!?!?!

This link may be of interest,
    following a session on morning ireland this am:

http://www.rpii.ie/radon/maps/map.html

Advertisement