Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Nano

Options
  • 03-01-2006 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

I bought a Nano just over two months ago...

About 2 weeks ago, i took my nano out of my pocket and i nearly fainted! The screen was all smudged. It was also in a silicone protect case.

So i went back to o2, they looked at it and said there was nothing they would do because it appeared that the crack was my fault and not covered under the warranty.

I asked why and i was told that the crack looked like i had let it fall or allowed something to hit against it. This is not the case, as i had it in my pocket for about an hour on the way home and i never bumped into anything.

I have pictures and was just wondering if i have a valid arguement before i contact apple.

Thanks

http://members.boards.ie/gazza22/2005-12%20072.jpg

http://members.boards.ie/gazza22/2005-12%20073.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Gazza22 wrote:
    I have pictures and was just wondering if i have a valid arguement before i contact apple.

No, you don't have a valid argument. Your nano looks like it's been sat on or dropped. Your warranty will not cover the damage that's done to it - it's physical damage, not a manufacturers fault... End of story. What a waste of €250!

By the way, you could have made the bloody images smaller!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

It wasn't dropped though and afaik there was no force put on the screen....:(
    Bard wrote:
    What a waste of €250!
    Can it not be fixed no? If it can, any idea of what it would cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

for a nano that is only two weeks it looks like it has had a very hard life.... my gf's nano has a silicone case also for the past three months and looks nowhere as much scratched as that so my guess is the damage was caused by yourself (albeit inadvertantly) but warranty only covers manufacturing faults

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

The same thing happened with my iPod mini so I phoned Apple, told them the problem and they sent me a brand new mini. They did the same when I found out I didn't receive a power cord in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I still don't understand why people buy these ipod nanos they break way to easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

neacy69 wrote:
    for a nano that is only two weeks it looks like it has had a very hard life....

No, if you look at my original post, i said the nano is just over two months old
    still don't understand why people buy these ipod nanos they break way to easy

If i had of known when i was buying, i wouldn't have bought it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭setanta5

Not really a help for you Gazza but i bought a Nano from a guy on Boards which he prefitted with an invisible sheild. $20 from http://www.theinvisibleshield.com/ and it looks like its bear. You can run your keys over it and nothing. Apparently they take real care to apply correctly but its so worth it when you get it right. Just the added piece of mind. I'd advise anyone who has an Ipod to get one...and they do them for PSP's too. i've got that on order.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

call 1850946191, apple customer care. the worst they can say is no

Advertisement