Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mapping one CSS to another CSS

Options
  • 03-01-2006 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

Is there a way of easily mapping a CSS to another CSS withough manually changing all the defined labels?

Basically, we have a web App with it's own CSS ("CSS A" say) and we are deploying the app to a customer intranet site and they want us to have the same look and feel as their intranet sites, i.e. we must use the definitions in their CSS ("CSS B" say).

Is there anyway I can say in CSS A: import CSS B and where there is label A in CSS A, now use the definition of Lable A in CSS B
    The reason I ask is that if the customer updates their CSS, I want our CSS to pick up these changes.

Now I know I can change the Labels in our CSS, but this issue will arise again and again and I'm looking for the cleanest way to do this.
    Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

Import two stylesheets, one absolute, one relative?

import /A.css
    import http://www.customer.com/B.css

On the live server, A.css could be empty, but where you host internally, A.css is your own css file?

*shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Actually - I need to be more clear.

I need to map between different Labels

So Label "A" in my App should point to what is defined by Label "B" in the customer CSS.

In this way I could use our Labes in the Core App, but provide a Mapping type document so it picks up the Customers CSS and corresponding Labels

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

you could probably write a php script which generates and outputs the necessary css depending on which customer it is for etc...

i.e. in your html file do

<link rel="style/css" ref="style.php?customerid=1"/>

then style.php would output the correct style info for that customer, extracted from a database or a flat file

i've never tried using a dynamic page to output css though so no idea if that would even work

as long as you set the content type on the php output then it should work though

Advertisement