Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iRiver G10 - PSP Killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

does look cool
    but i doubt sony arnt too worried yet... like its success will depend on how pricy it is and wat kinda games it will have

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

hmm... interesting little devices, I doubt it'll kill PSP, but it's good to see iRiver enter the portable gaming market.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The D-Pad is four seperate buttons? That's not much use... how hard will it be to move in a diagonal...?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just reading the comments on that Engadget article - if the machine is WinCE 5.0, imagine the emulators that would be available for it? All they got to do is change the horrible D-Pad and the could have a nice machine on their hands...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Can anyone say "battery life"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's not enough. We've seen the GP32 and others, which boast similar features but can't topple Nintendo/Sony because they don't have the brand or support of developers like the DS/PSP has.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It won't go anywhere imo. They are trying to enter an already over crowded market which microsoft are also going to enter. Nice looking little handheld though except for the horrible d-pad. You think they would take a lesson from the psp's nice analog and d-pad.

Good luck trying to win over the public with unknown games as well. Another handheld flop no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Balfa wrote:

I can! I agree with you too, battery technology really needs a shot in the arm imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Balfa wrote:

This comment baffled me for a minute, until i looked at his sig!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Yeah what's with the D-Pad, terrible, imagine trying to play beat-em-ups with that.

I also note that the quality of hand models has decreased drastically... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement