Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro in Cork

• 03-01-2006 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

What's peoples verdect on Metro in Cork. I am in the Balinlough area and considering signing up.

Are you guarenteed almost connection or does it go down for hours ? Are you tied in to the contract regardless of the quality of service ?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Twigs

PPPPPPPPlease can anyone give me some feedback here??

The free installation offer ends tomorrow and I don't want to get stuck with a 12 month contract if its brutal !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

I cant and shouldnt comment because I work there....

opinions on Limerick (same as Cork set up) :-

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=315854&page=5

If you wanted to PM powerhousedan he is in Cork?

I tihnk they will all give you honest accounts. Ricey is as honest and blunt as they come!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Sorry didnt see the thread would of replied otherwise......

Metro is a very good product. I am Living on the Boreenamana R.d so service/distance will not be a problem... The only problem i have ever had was there was a 26 Hour Down time last week.... But that was a once off other than that its Great. Very Stable Speeds/ 2.8 Mb Down about 400 up......
    Pings to boards about 20ms.....
    Only thing i would complain is the Phone Service still isent setup on mine...
    But thats a Minor thing.
    I am on the 3mb Connection...Havent had to use Support Yet.
    Installation is Fast.... And no Eye Sore of Towers like Ibb
    Its a Tumbs up from me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Twigs

Thanks guys.
    Probably worth going with them I reckon...

Powerhousedan,
    I am on Victoria Avenue just around the corner from you so chances are if it works for you then I should be ok too. How long have you had it for ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Going on a Month Now, Its a Very Good Stable Service...What more can ya ask for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

I've had it since early october(ish) and so far am delighted... Same speeds as Dan, Phone service is fine (once it got it going about a month post-install)...

One improvement I'd like to see is an online usage monitor (any chance Crawler?)

Their install lads are sound and did a good job, and like dan said, bar the days downtime over xmas - all has been well.

I'm in douglas/t.c btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

I've had it since early october(ish) and so far am delighted... Same speeds as Dan, Phone service is fine (once it got it going about a month post-install)...

One improvement I'd like to see is an online usage monitor (any chance Crawler?)

Their install lads are sound and did a good job, and like dan said, bar the days downtime over xmas - all has been well.

I'm in douglas/t.c btw.

Being worked on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

Cheers!
    I knew if enough people bugged ye for long enough... :))
    crawler wrote:
    Being worked on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

Twigs, overall I have to say I'm pleased with Metro, I'm in Cork City Douglas St area the down time over christmas was a pain in the ass, thankfully I still had my esat/via eircom connection so my phone and esat modem worked, the reason I still have them ??!!! because of this whole cock-up, with having to disconnect from est then reconnect to eircom before I can have my phone number reported, which was NOT explained clearly by Metro support at all, in otherwords a big mess and lots of bills in the new year and frankly if Metro continues to have sudden DEAD service every couple of months I will be one very pissed off customer especially regarding a phone service. otherwise I AM happy with the service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 digikings

hi all,i cant complain about digiwebs metro broadband i work for them and i have installed it in limerick,cork,waterford and galway and i will answer any questions ye have honestly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

crawler i know your based in limerick but can i just ask you about the availabilty of digiweb metro in cork north of the mast. i live in whites cross which is about 3/4 km from the mast in Collions barricks. i have line of sight but have been told that the mast only broadcasts its signal south and so i cant get it.

ive also heard that there are plans to put a new mast on the south side to service the north side. can you please tell me the current situation with these plans.

it is crap that the mast only provides service to the south. improving this mast would bring alot more people into the catchment are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

From what I hear theres a high site going live from Farmers Cross in the next month or so. I assume this will cover the north of the city.
    Farmers Cross is near the airport roundabout and I'm guessing that the site will be about 1km east of it (on the 175m high point) - can anyone confirm this?
    If confirmed that its there then all you have to do is to see if you are within 10-12km of it and if there are any blocking hills in the direct path between you and it. If not, you've a great chance of getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

i was told that the mast at farmers cross would be operational by end of march early april of this year and it quite clearly hasnt happened yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Maybe all 20 new sites (Athlone etc) will be going live together so any one of the others could be delaying Farmers Cross.

Advertisement