Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alternative Venues

• 03-01-2006 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Anybody seen any gigs in Dublin that were in venues that don't normally have gigs in? Anything unusual or special? Did a gig in a mates gaff that was being torn down which was great but a little hard to come by on a regular basis.
    Looking to put on some gigs in the spring and would really like to skip the normal venues so any bright ideas, post away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭megameaty

I know Nina Hynes is doing a gig in a Art Gallery called 'four' or maybe its eight....well some number. It sounds really cool. Everyone get headphones and can listen to her through them and dance if they wanna. It a silent disco style thing.

check out the boomboom room on parnell street
    or the lower deck in rathmines every month for a night called the ballroom of romance:v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Yes, have played the boom boom room and I do think it's lovely but the aim is to get somewhere that isn't for gigging. Somewhere that maybe hasn't held one before just for a change. Lower deck I'm not mad on I have to say. I know people wet themselves about the ballroom of romance but I'm being venue specific here not partial to any night or promotions. I know an allotment and a loophole in the law but thats got to wait till summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

Sumertime gives so much more option for this type of thing. We've played a couple of gigs down the country at garden parties(sounds very civilised) and that kind of thing, it's great fun, you can smoke on stage too!(if you're into that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Play a gig in someone's living room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Any offers of living rooms will be greatly appreciated. Please specify if proximity to neighbours means acoustic show only or if its big enough can we bring the 24 piece orchestra and 40ft japanese Kodo drum? Nice1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

There's that place in CYO beside Whelans. A sandwish bar of some sort. Meant to be going for ages but still havent. Aidan organises it, it's mostly acoustic I believe. If I remember well, there are gigs on every thursdays from 6PM

Advertisement