Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting number BACK to Eircom, Who to contact? Please Help

• 03-01-2006 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I recently got Digiwebs Metro service installed and ported my number over to them to use for all phonecalls. Unfortunately the service is poor, people can rarely hear me when I call them, and it just flat out doesnt work most the time. It seems to me that even if they improve the service it's never going to be rock solid and that is what I need (I live with a doctor who has to be contactable).

I want to port my number back to Eircom (I'm still paying the Eircom bill) but am having trouble. Have rung them twice and both times nobody has any idea of what I am talking about. They just keep transfering me around (over 30 mins last time!!) and I have to keep repeating my story, its incredibly annoying. I know that all that is needed is a reverse of what I did to get my number ported to Digiweb, but nobody in Eircom seems to be aware of this process!

Can someone tell me who to contact in Eircom Re:number porting??

Also I'd imagine it shouldnt take as long to port back as it was eircom holding up proceedings in the first place.

Eircom are a terribly run company but their phone service works, so sadly I'm going to have to continue paying them (can take some joy in using UTV for all calls instead

Any info re: contact number/email would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Blobert

(Incidently I have posted this in two forums (this and Nets/Comms), because I really need to find a sollution ASAP, if you want to delete one of the threads, please do)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Ring 1901 and select the option to speak to a customer service representative. Should be able to sort you out...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Lister1 wrote:
    Ring 1901 and select the option to speak to a customer service representative. Should be able to sort you out...

Sadly such a suggestion is a triumph of optimism over experience believe me.

I am sure the original poster has done that numerous times. It might be worth attempting to contact Eircom wholesale. At one stage a couple of months ago when I was in the process of transferring to Smart I was having terrible trouble getting the dsl (originally with UTV) off my line and I was thrown around by Eircom exactly as you describe - the csrs just have no experience of certain things and have no interest in finding out. (Every time I mentioned the word 'broadband' I was instantly put on the broadband section!)

If you cannot contact Eircom wholesale or if contacting them does not work an email to phil.nolan@eircom.ie (hes the Chief Executive) maybe your only hope:mad:

Alternatively a nice person in Metro might to able to tell you what section in Eircom they liaise with on these matters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks for the PM Crawler.

I'm becoming increasingly annoyed with people in Digiweb telling me that the service is fine when it clearly isn't. They've had several weeks to fix it and I'm still unable to make/receive calls. If you could sort out porting my number back as soon as possible I'd appreciate it.

I've PMed you my details and hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Advertisement