Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Iso!?

Options
  • 03-01-2006 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just got a radio/tape player with AUX in (woo!):) Now, I have to hook it up to my 91 Ford Fiesta somehow. If somebody could please have a look at the attached image and tell me how I go about connecting it I'd really appreciate it:) I think the new radio has ISO connections and the old connections are the Ford ones.

Anny feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

You need one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

You may need something like this http://www.caraudio.ie/view_product.php?partno=PC2164
    Don't know if it's the correct one but you can e-mail them and ask. Also Halfords do them so you can try there too...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the replies:)

Wizzard, do I just need the one?

t5, just off the phone to a girl in Halfords Liffey Valley (right place yeah?) They are open till 8 tonight so I might pop in there. She didn't know and told me to ring back. What should I expect to pay for something like that here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

HEHEHE!!!

I know I'm slightly off topic... But you look like you're defusing a bomb with those gloves!! :D

They should be in or around the same price as on the web after postage and package. Yeah the one on Liffey Valley. You will only need one connection. The one I posted is the same as Wizzard's it's just that I was posting at the same time. Different sites though.

Here is the one in Halfords http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10151&productId=213631&categoryId=31375
    The handiest thing about Halfords is that they can come out and check for you just to make sure it's the correct one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Yeah, just the one.
    When I needed one I got one off a main stealer for about €25. It's possible to get it cheaper from the UK, but only by maybe €5-10.
    Print out the pic/page and bring it with you to Halfords. It might help.

Cool thanks a mill guys:) Only thing I'm worried about is that it says something about until 01/91. I'm sure it's a safer bet to go to Halfords anyway where they can check it on the spot, if it works, I buy, if not, then I saved myself a lot of hassle:)

Thanks again. Hopefully I'll finally be able to listen to music on the way home so!!

What a nice ride home, I was actually able to hear music for once in my car:D Thanks for the help everyone. It was actually PC2084 I got in the end. Good job I didn't order PC2164 online!! €20.50, not bad:)

That's the joys of going somewhere that knows what they are doing.
    Enjoy the listening :)

Advertisement