Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone gotten through to BT Cust Care today? Are they alive?

Options
  • 03-01-2006 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Has anyone gotten through to BT Ireland today?
    I've tried this morning, this after noon and this evening, waiting upto an hour [on speaker phone] per call and I still couldn't get through. Eventually went to Q Buster but never got a call back, I'm not surprised.

But I fail to believe that they were so busy with calls that I never got a call back or got through to someone while waiting in the queue for an hour.

I just want to resolve a simple matter of over billing for the past 3 months but can't get through at all :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭lizzyd66

I'm laughing here - as am surfing while on hold to BT today - did Q buster - took 2.5hrs(!!!) for them to ring me back. I want to downgrade to Broadband rather than Broadband plus. I'm still on the phone to them 30 mins after they rang me back. First transfered from customer care (!) to sales, then from sales back to customer care, then customer care (who couldn't find my details), am now on hold again as they check whether by downgrading I'm signing up for another 12 mths. Now have been told it is a €30 charge to downgrade (argh!!!!). What a crowd of muppets - the customer training seems very bad as the people on the end of the phone don't seem to know even the basics of the pricing plans and have to go off and check about every question you ask.

Anyway I've just kicked up a stink and they've waived the €30 but jesus what a performance!!

I've basically suffered from being your typical lazy customer who stays with the same provider for years so I've paid €10 a month more for paying for the plus service when i only needed the basic plus €2.50 a month for getting paper bills rather than online (not an option when I joined!). Anyway at least it's sorted now.

The positive thing for me is that I rely on Broadband for my work and (touch wood) in the years I've been with BT it has always been available, fast etc. Hope I haven't hexed it now.

So my very long answer to your query - do q buster but be prepared to wait!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

lizzyd66 wrote:
    Now have been told it is a €30 charge to downgrade (argh!!!!).
    This charge is fairly standard for all eircom bitstream resellers . Eircom will charge BT €15 + Vat and BT then add €12 to cover the admin expenses.

BT has many many faults , 99% of them are in their CS and billing, but in this case they are only passing on what they themselves are chaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I finally got a call back about 2 hours ago. I only had to ring them 5 times over the past 2 days and left 2 Q Buster messages. They weren't a bit apolagetic about my 5 hour approx hold time. She didn't seem to care.

I'm cancelling BT today. I'm not putting up with that. After 5 hours on hold waiting to speak to someone, it got resolved after a 2 minute conversation.

Jury is still lout on Clearwire. Might dump both of them and go Chrous. Have to do some research first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 the gobbler

Deja-Voooooooooo....well done irish TLR for cancelling, the more people that do the better.

Lizzyd...let's hope you dont get a line fault cos if you are with BT, then.......just let's hope you don't get a fault!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

LOL @ charging to change package. We don't charge. I'd get onto comreg about that.. Sounds really stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

dlofnep wrote:
    LOL @ charging to change package. We don't charge. I'd get onto comreg about that.. Sounds really stupid.
    As Sponge Bob has already said BT have very little choice in the matter - they are forced to pay by €ircon. Getting onto comwreck wont really matter as comwreck take their orders from €ircon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

dlofnep wrote:
    ....We don't charge.....
    Who is "We" pray tell?

Deja-Voooooooooo....well done irish TLR for cancelling, the more people that do the better.

Lizzyd...let's hope you dont get a line fault cos if you are with BT, then.......just let's hope you don't get a fault!!

Argh! What do you mean?????

Is it due to having the lower package or the act of changing ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

the former, upgrades are free.

Do you think I should stick with the higher package?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

lizzyd66 wrote:
    Do you think I should stick with the higher package?
    That depends on your needs. Bear in mind that the 1mb package you are changing to will be upgraded to 2mb at the end of January when Eircom increase the speeds. The 2mb package you are currently on will be upgraded to 3mb.
    What gobbler is insinuating is that your line might suddenly develop a fault when Eircom do the downgrade on your line because you are with a competitor. Ak ind of sabotage if you like. Unlikey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 the gobbler

lizzyd....check this out.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054860261

Now, it maybe the fact that eircom sabotaged the line :rolleyes: ,but basically if you get a line fault, BT will not do a goddam thing about it, they will tell you to hire an electrician,,i called a few electricians and they don't deal with phone lines.
    Now, if you are with BT and call eircom, they can't send out an engineer as you are not with them,so whaddya do??? Go back to eircom like i did. You don't really have a choice.
    My BB is working perfectly, and it turns out that BT cancelled the BB for some reason...just goes to show incompetence on BT's part....there really seems to be no communication between BT and Eircom,,probably eircoms fault...but lizzyD....would have cost me mayb a few hundread euro to get someone out to check a fault that was not actually a fault.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Im shocked you got through at all ive never had the patience to wait after a half hour i give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

Without being a smartarse I had problems today too and Smart customer support were excellent and the supervisor even phoned back when they said he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all, there's a very simple way to avoid the BT problem:
    Don't ever use BT services!

You can (usually) tell a company by how good their Customer Care is, but unfortunately, most customers just jump right in and sign up without checking.

I use Irish Broadband. Customer Care is excellent. Waiting times 5 mins max.
    People who KNOW what they are talking about and can talk you through the problem.

If you are considering signing up to boadband or calls from anyone, do yourself a favour and check the service provided by their Custiomer Care BEFOREHAND!

If you don't, then the result is what you have been reading so far about BT.

I know, I WAS that customer. Now I'm not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

I used to be with BT before, this post reminds me of the endless frustrations I had with them. Customer support is bad, but the billing department is even worse. I'm sure they overcharge people on purpose and hope they wont notice because there is no other way they could get your bill wrong every single month. BT are crapolla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

IrishTLR wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten through to BT Ireland today?
    I've tried this morning, this after noon and this evening, waiting upto an hour [on speaker phone] per call and I still couldn't get through. Eventually went to Q Buster but never got a call back, I'm not surprised.

But I fail to believe that they were so busy with calls that I never got a call back or got through to someone while waiting in the queue for an hour.

I just want to resolve a simple matter of over billing for the past 3 months but can't get through at all :)

www.btireland.ie website a good place to start.

http://www.btireland.ie/NewContactBT.shtml

Sales Support
    Call 1800 923 924

Customer Care and Billing
    Call 1904

Technical Support
    Call 1890 923 111

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

www.btireland.ie website a good place to start.

http://www.btireland.ie/NewContactBT.shtml

Sales Support
    Call 1800 923 924

Customer Care and Billing
    Call 1904

Technical Support
    Call 1890 923 111
    Hopefully he got his problem sorted by now, this thread is almost 2 years old :D

Advertisement