Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test!! w00t

Options
  • 03-01-2006 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Ok, so i got a call today to say my driving test is on the 13th, Fri the 13th:rolleyes:

Anyhoo, i haven't done this new test where they ask you questions about the mechanics of the car, so what extra questions have they brought in that i need to know of?

Also, how much would passing generally take off my insurance, 22 year old male currently paying 1800 with 1 yr NCB on a 1.2 TPFT with Quinn, i tried to get another quote based on a full licence and it only took 200 off:( that can't be right can it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

LundiMardi wrote:
    Also, how much would passing generally take off my insurance, 22 year old male currently paying 1800 with 1 yr NCB on a 1.2 TPFT with Quinn, i tried to get another quote based on a full licence and it only took 200 off:( that can't be right can it?

It changes so much from person to person - and from company to company - that there is no real point in asking that question here. When you get your test, just spend a couple of hours and ring every broker and company in the phone book, and see what they can do for you.

By the way, I would have given anything to get a quote anywhere near as low as you are currently paying - I was paying about €3,430 when I was in nearly exactly the same situation as you, only it was a 1.1 litre engine.

Good luck in your test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

eoin_s wrote:
    I was paying about €3,430 when I was in nearly exactly the same situation as you, only it was a 1.1 litre engine.

That's quinn direct for ya, cheap as chips, however the service is reflected in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

LundiMardi wrote:
    That's quinn direct for ya, cheap as chips, however the service is reflected in the price.

Believe me, I would have happily gone for QD back then if they had given me the cheapest quote - I think it's more a reflection that the prices actually do seem to have dropped in the last 5/6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

You should see a good drop in yer insurance....I'm 22 with quinn on a 1.4 with 1yr NCB and a full licence and only paying €1180!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

It depends alot on your occupation aswell what you're insurance premium is going to be. Apparently, alot of people working in the hospitality/tourism trade, like barmen and chefs, get loaded for insurance because they are more likely than the rest of us to have some drink on them beind the wheel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement