Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB and Ebay

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I take you point about saying Thank-you, and I am thankful for the tech support I got, however, shouldn't the IBB people who set up my Wireless connection have told me about the MTU needing to be changed when they installed it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

deadl0ck wrote:
    I take you point about saying Thank-you, and I am thankful for the tech support I got, however, shouldn't the IBB people who set up my Wireless connection have told me about the MTU needing to be changed when they installed it ?

No. tweaking the MTU is a tweak. most people dont need to do it. Some people do. I used to work in DSL for BT, and some of our customers had to change their mtu settings to see some sites or to get faster speeds.

In linux, its a case of "ifconfig eth0 mtu 1492". Its done alot and therefore needs to be accessible. However, in windows its buried deep in the registry, where heros fear to tread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

syklops wrote:
    However, in windows its buried deep in the registry, where heros fear to tread....
    LOL :D So true...

Advertisement