Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gob****es living behind me

Options
  • 03-01-2006 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hey all you Motorheads

I have a question for you'se?

Why o' f*cking why do these sh*theads have to rev their cars so much. Every time they either come or go from this rented house (it was an obvious choice to buy a car than stick a deposit on a house) the revs from their cars is unbelievable. Then after nearly flooding the engine with revs reversing out of the driveway the next logical thing is to wheel spin off down the housing estate road and, of course wait till the engine nearly falls out before changing into second.

And considering there is four of these cars in the house the noise is very very annoying.

But, back to my original question, why? and what the hell can I do to stop them. I don't know of any law permitting these gob****es from continuing to do this. Seen as though the estate I'm in is newly built and hasn't been handed back over to the council yet, do speed limits even count. Could I put up my own speed camera type thing to give to the Gardai.

Now, don't get me wrong I like driving as much as the next guy but it pains me to see what these guys are getting from waking kids (and me) at twelve o' clock at night

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

noise levels?

something about that and complain to the local authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Petition to have speed bumps (sharp ones!) installed.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

get your video camera out if they are that bad and take it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Tennis ball. Superglue. Maxxxxed 3" exhaust. That'll do nicely....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

mike65 wrote:
    Petition to have speed bumps (sharp ones!) installed

And when they move out from the rented house in a few months you have them for the rest of your life. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Are they drivin cars with modified exhausts. eg BORE or Straight through system exhausts. If so they are illegal. A short statement of complaint to your local Garda station will instigate a prosecution with you as witness.

If however they are driving standard cars or high powered cars eg subaru's/porche's/mustang's and not ****box's modified to make them sound like the above not much can be done. A noise pollution order would be more appropriate but harder to get/prove and enforce, available from your local district court.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What does this have to do with modified? :(

My granny-neighbour nearly red-lines her micra, driving out her drive-way, should I give her a max power sticker? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

and straight through exhausts arnt illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

OP - but dont you think they are cool??? ......im sure they think that you think that theyre cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Same problem with idiots driving around the estate i live in for college in dundalk idiots driving there cars around on the lawns and pulling handbrakes and reving there engines.

i'm more worried about them losing control and hitting my car than the noise they make.

its unbelievable how sad they are and they think there cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Wheel spins and handbrakers are dangerous driving in terms of the law due to the speed and the manner of the driving. You should date and time one of these incidents and get the reg of the car, take a spin down to the local gardai, make a statement and the knob will be prosecuted for acting the muppet in his car. That is if you are willing to go to court.

Also, if the exhaust is not standard, it is deemed to be illegal. Stands up in district courts in dublin. Contact the enviornmental dept. of your local council to see what they can do for you in relation to noise pollution.

Edit: To be honest - I think most people really couldn't care if Johno is coming or going from his house and its just annoying. It sounds crap and makes your car sound like a banger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

draffodx wrote:
    Same problem with idiots driving around the estate i live in for college in dundalk idiots driving there cars around on the lawns and pulling handbrakes and reving there engines.

i'm more worried about them losing control and hitting my car than the noise they make.

its unbelievable how sad they are and they think there cool

Heh, funny you mention that. In my student accomodation, speedbumps seem to only make eejits try to accelerate faster!

One wet day, some muppet in a saxo (yawn) decided to do a hand-brake to look cool infront of a few girls passing. Unfortunately for the lad, he didnt factor that 1) it was wet 2) he was going down-hill 3) he had a full car .... He went to pull a hand-brake on a corner (to add to the handbrake effect) .... It didnt really work out, he didnt turn enough, and smacked the rear of his car into a decent sized kerb. The result was a mangled passenger-side rear axle. To make matters worse, they were new'ish alloys! OOPS! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

just wondering im sure youve already asked him to try and keep it down after say 9pm and before 8am ??? just cause of the kids and the like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I wouldn't be above a bit of midnight skullduggery sabotaging the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I wouldn't be above a bit of midnight skullduggery sabotaging the car.

Boards.ie would like to dissassociate itself from wetpaint and his criminal thinking.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

mike65 wrote:
    Boards.ie would like to dissassociate itself from wetpaint and his criminal thinking.

Mike.
    It ain't criminal if I go and ask him permission first.

How weird whoud that be?

"Hey feen, mind if I slash you tires? Cheers, WP."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Tennis ball. Superglue. Maxxxxed 3" exhaust. That'll do nicely....

Erm I like your idea best.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Just to let you guys know,

These idiots seemed to have stopped their antics (luckily) someone must have got wind, maybe their landlord. But as for now they are being normal.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards

(I'll let you know if I have to use any of the suggestions)

Advertisement