Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking Ireland and Uk Question

Options
  • 03-01-2006 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hope this is the right place to ask this.

Im living in London and have been having hassle with bank accounts and such and its costing me a fourtune to keep using my irish account over there. Its not the setting up of an account thats the problem.

What i want to do is find a bank in ireland that has a link, or branches (that dont deal in just buisness account) in england (preferably in the Kingston/Richmond area) where i can (or someone else) have an irish account and a uk account that i can use to transfer money between rather than having to do it by hand.

can anyone give me any advice on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

There's a Bank of Ireland branch on the Hampton side of the river at Kingston. Not sure if it's only offices and/or business only mind.....

Bank Of Ireland
    Telephone: 020 8977 0222
    Address: Bank House/High St, Hampton Wick, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 4DS

Edit: Although that doesn't really answer your question.... I found that the only way to move money was via cheque as electronic transfers tend to incur a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I don't know of any way to move money between a UK and Irish account without it costing you tranfer fees, I use cheques if I need to send money to Ireland. Some money laundering laws come into effect which prohibits you moving cash around i think.

BOI's online banking is pretty good in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 dizzyguy

open a nationwide a/c in UK. they charge no withdrwal fee fee for atm use in ireland. they do not load the x/change rate either. you can post the nationwide card to someone in ireland who can withdraw cash and lodge to an irish a/c for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

XE.com will transfer money from your account to anywhere in the world for free (or a small fee depending on how you want it transfered i.e. bank draft ect)

http://www.xe.com/fx/?AdTracking=http://www.xe.com/&menu

I am guessing you want to keep money in Ireland for when you come home? Why dont you just leave an Irish account open? Most of the big Irish banks dont have commercial retail banks in the UK (just business banks)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No real read to re-animate a thread from over 2 years ago :O

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement