Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving/Storage Question

Options
  • 03-01-2006 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping to move house this year, and am just starting to get things going (talking to estate agents, mortgage brokers etc).

One thing I'd like to do is move some stuff out of my current house before I open it up for viewing. Nothing too big, like furniture or appliances. Just things that might look like clutter - books, dvds, ornaments etc.

I've been looking at places to store this (I'd really need nothing larger than a small barna shed), but the only thing I've been able to find is: Self Storage Ireland? Does anyone know if they're any good, if there's anywhere else I might want to look at, and how much it might cost me (the website is disconcertingly vague on that score)?

Also, does anyone know where I might be able to get boxes to put this stuff into?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭Archeron

When i was moving, i got some storage as well, but the places that you find in the goldenpages are ridiculously expensive. I ended up using a place out North of Dublin that was really well priced.

Heading out the Malahide Road, continue towards malahide. Just before Feltrim area, keep an eye on your right for a vet store in a small single story building. Its quite close to a school thats well signposted. The vet has a storage yard behind with loads of 40 foot and 20 foot containers that they rent for about €50 a week. Much better value that the big places. Sorry, cant remember the name of the place, but it is quite easy to find.
    You can buy cardboard boxes and packing stuff in Argos, but again, stupid expensive. Try looking in the stationary companies like Viking direct and you;ll get much better pricing. best of luck with the move.

Advertisement