Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exhaust problem

Options
  • 03-01-2006 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Was driving there over the christmas and heard a banging coming from the back of the car. Upon inspection i find the end of the exhaust has come off and is kinda hanging there. Its not going to fall of or anything. It looks like the weld has broke. (sorry i cant be more specific, i dont know to much about cars)
    Do i need to get a new exhaust or can i get this rewelded. Whats is the cost of these. Its a 98 polo.
    Thanks
    SM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Just replace it. Ring your local exhaust shop, they're cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Get yourself some steel wire (nothing coated in plastic though) for the moment and tie it up. Last thing you want is the exhaust smacking off the ground when you go over speed bumps, or for it to drop out on the motorway.

Quick-fit or whomever should be able to sort it for you.

Advertisement