Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, Sapphire Radeon 9550 128bit Graphics card.

Options
  • 03-01-2006 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

I installed new ATI Graphics (5.13 XP) drivers on my friend’s new Packard bell computer. He has a Sapphire Radeon 9550 128bit Graphics card AGP. The drivers worked fine until I booted up Battlefield 2, and then the screen went blank. He has a really nice flat screen TV which worked fine on his old CATALYST™ 4.9
    Driver Build 6.14.10.6476 8-051-040825a-017633c, these came preloaded on his pc. I uninstalled these drivers before I installed the new ones using the option in the cards properties, as there was no uninstall icon available in the driver folder, or the add/remove programs options.

After the crash, I uninstalled the 5.13 XP drivers and installed the 5.12 XP drivers, which appeared to be stable. Later that night the same crash happened again.
    I went round to his house the next day and System Restored his computer to the day before I touched it, and everything seemed to be fine. I thought I had fixed it and everything was sound, but his system crashed later that night, his brother was playing command and conquer generals till about six in the morning, and everything was fine. The next morning when he turned his computer on the TV refused to respond to the pc. He can watch regular TV, not through the Pc, so I figure it’s working properly.

Unfortunately I am living in a different town to my friend, so I am really looking for some kind of miracle, as I cant actually work with the machine myself tonight, any thoughts are appreciated. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

Turns out his brother and friends, successfully uninstalled the sound from his system, along with various other essential drivers… They were trying to put music on a Sony PSP. My friend has System Restored yet again and all seems to have returned to normal.. If you or anybody else has any idea what are the most stable drivers for the Sapphire Radeon 9550 128bit AGP Graphics card, please let me know.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Advertisement