Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom v's BT

• 03-01-2006 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i want to install broadband in my home in Dublin. Does anybody know which is the best value for money. Eircom is 14 euro more a month but it is wireless. i dont use the computer loads an dont have a lap top. Also does anybody know who is better value for phone calls. Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

BT hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭speedbird1

Agree BT is the best value. My experience was
    BT enabled broadband within seven days of application
    just a week before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Bt.. transfer your line rental and get the 2MB(soon to be 3!) package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

speedbird1 wrote:
    Agree BT is the best value. My experience was
    BT enabled broadband within seven days of application
    just a week before Christmas.

It took them 5 weeks just to move my broadband from one house to another.

Both times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

The eircon set up will probably be faster but bt (BB and line rental) will be cheaper. Maybe wait until feb and see if there are any new offers from either.....

Speed increases on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

i want to install broadband in my home in Dublin. Does anybody know which is the best value for money.
    Eircom is 14 euro more a month but it is wireless. i dont use the computer loads an dont have a lap top. Also does anybody know who is better value for phone calls. Thanks very much

Eircom is not wireless - they supply a modem/router which has a wireless option (which for people who do have a laptop may be very handy)

Anybody contemplating BT should seriously consider the debacle that their billing department continues to be - there are numerous threads on boards to this effect.

There is also a reasonable chance to judge by the number of posts on here which mention it that your first order may be lost 'in the system'.

If you can get over that the actual service appears to be quite good!

Advertisement