Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

dropped phone no comeback

• 03-01-2006 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My wife dropped her motorola 3g mobile flip phone last night, on carpet, wouldnt mind if it was concrete. Anyway it broke at the flip and is now in 2 pieces vodaphone say it cant be fixed and only way to get a new one is to buy a ready to go for 199 euro, she spends almost a 100 a month with them but only upgraded few months ago, I realise its user damage etc etc but is there anyway around this, any one know someone who can fix them, i repair pc's so i know how electronics work and all that connects both sides is film connector surely someone knows how it can repaired.

I think it is really harsh vodaphone cant offer the phone at a cheaper rate since she is contracted with them, they are the ones losing out if she cant make calls.

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

A few of the "interesting" shops on Moore Street can do some major rework on phones. although if the casing is badly damaged I dont know if that can be repaired or replaced. I cant imagine that they have suppliers for those kinda things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Ah, there's your problem right there => "Motorola"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

vodafone Ready to Go phones start from as little as e69 for handsets or e109 fir a 3G handset if you check the website . I'm sure your wife was offered insurance when upgrading and CHOOSE not to take it so you then took on the responsibility for replacing it if lost/stolen or damaged so there is not much in blaming vodafone......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

dbnavan wrote:
    Hi all,

My wife dropped her motorola 3g mobile flip phone last night, on carpet, wouldnt mind if it was concrete. Anyway it broke at the flip and is now in 2 pieces vodaphone say it cant be fixed and only way to get a new one is to buy a ready to go for 199 euro, she spends almost a 100 a month with them but only upgraded few months ago, I realise its user damage etc etc but is there anyway around this, any one know someone who can fix them, i repair pc's so i know how electronics work and all that connects both sides is film connector surely someone knows how it can repaired.

I think it is really harsh vodaphone cant offer the phone at a cheaper rate since she is contracted with them, they are the ones losing out if she cant make calls.

D

If you wife wants a top of the range phone on a cheaper network then Vodafone FACT, port her number to o2, meteor or 3. She will get a free phone on certain tariffs especially when her bills are normally €100 a month with Vodafone, and also better value for money rather then the monopoly that Vodafone think they have, there is better options out there for customers now a days and its open for the customer to decide what they want. The only thing that she will have to pay is a termination fee that is €20 per month for the remainder of her contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Plus if she drops a phone that is on the 3 network, they will replace it for €50 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Sarge wrote:
    If you wife wants a top of the range phone on a cheaper network then Vodafone FACT, port her number to o2, meteor or 3. She will get a free phone on certain tariffs especially when her bills are normally €100 a month with Vodafone, and also better value for money rather then the monopoly that Vodafone think they have, there is better options out there for customers now a days and its open for the customer to decide what they want. The only thing that she will have to pay is a termination fee that is €20 per month for the remainder of her contract.

she is not gonna get much value for money when she has to pay termination charges of approx e160 ( has had the phone a few months)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

W800i on Meteor 90euro Tarriff => less than 100euro. Sim free cost of the phone? 600euro. Short term loss for a great phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

If she wants to stay in the 3G world with Voda (at the lowest replacement cost) why not get a E770v .... it's 109.00 right now at ....

(and no flip to fall off :p )
    http://www.vodafone.ie/onlinestore/product.jsp?cat=ootm&productId=17989&bpProductId=17988&bannerdesc=store_images/home/balloons_store_e770.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Toy

There is a complicated solution and it depends on having a friend/relitive a third level student but holders of a Student Travelcard can get 50e off any 3g ready to go phone, so it'd only cost 149 and that's 100e free ready to go credit which you could offer that to someone for 70, say, so you'd get a new phone for 79. But it's not like just walking into a shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

dbnavan wrote:
    Hi all,

D

Why did you not get the phone insured? They offer the service for incidents exactly like this. Ye refused this service I presume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Sarge wrote:

Yes, get a 3G phone on 02 or Meteor..

Also, really balanced viewpoint their Sarge..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Yes, get a 3G phone on 02 or Meteor..

Also, really balanced viewpoint their Sarge..

That is been silly now , since when is a 3g phone top of the range ? In your opinion maybe. Until vodafone fix the network then what is the point having a 3g phone ?

If your bills are in and around €100 these are the price plans you should be on
    o2 active life 250
    meteor talk 400
    vodafone

Now where the value is IMO is with o2 , you change from vodafone this month you get FREE phone k750i , v3 , 6230i and FREE blue tooth headset.

I have worked for all three companys by the way and vodafone are the most expensive FACT.

Advertisement