Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's A Good One- IMAGINE

Options
  • 03-01-2006 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Those who have been following my Icelandic-esque Saga on my Quest for Broadband will remember me telling them that I got my phone line reconnected just before XMAS

While I was waiting to get my phone connected I scrounged together some of the phone numbers of other residents and put them through the so-called "AVAILABILITY CHECKERS" of the major ISP.s Most of the numbers came up good, others did not.

Prior to determining my number, "IMAGINE" contacted me as asked was I interested in their BB. I said I didn't have a phone number, but gave them a number of my neighbour, which I knew had passed their [IMAGINES] test.

Great they said, your exchange is enabled. Talk to you in January when you have a phone number and an account number.

Bang on cue, they ring this morning. 9:13 am, Jan 3rd, as promised. Of course by now I know what the real truth behind my problems are [Splitters, poor copper, low line quality etc]

The very same dude asks for my phone number, pops it through, and with immense gusto claims that my exchange is NOT enabled, and sure, no problem, just give us your eircom account number, we'll set you up for our phone services, and [get this, this is priceless] "we'll tell you when your exhancge is enabled"

The same clown had proudly declared 2 weeks ago that the shagging thing IS enabled [which is of course true, it is]

All the time, the gobsheen is asking did I have a good XMAS, a good new Year, etc etc etc/

I told him I had no account number yet [which is true] and he said he'd ring again 3 weeks. Then I hung up. The cheek of the bollix.

Thanks to all who put me onto IMAGINE and their BS. WHat they said this morning was some priceless stuff. Rubbish, yet priceless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

That's the first I've heard of someone dealing with them.

All the telco's seem to do this though. I know for a fact (thier own words) that some Eircon people have done this. The same Eircon people told me that they had calls from people who had this from BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 DialUpMeArse

The cheek of the bollix, sitting there like I was from outer bleedin' space.

"UHHH we'll tell you as soon as the exchange has been enabled"

HA! HA!

Advertisement